Thursday, March 31, 2011

Really Naughty Dark Chocolate Cake

I'm not kidding guys, this recipe is so delicious.  I like to make cupcakes from it but you can do a regular pan, layer, bundt, whatever suits your fancy.  :D  My kids loved it and it's SUPER easy.  This is like Devil's Food Cake and is really soft.  YUMMM...!  Oh, by the way this recipe makes 24 cupcakes.  Another yummy idea is to add chocolate chips into this or sprinkle on top.  



Dark Chocolate Cupcake
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup cold brewed coffee
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vinegar
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, coffee, milk, oil and vinegar. Mix until smooth, batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Pick which frosting you would like.  :D



Cupcakes
 I wanted cupcakes just because they are easy to handle so just make sure to grease pan and then only cook on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting. :)

Other Pans
Bake mine in a 10" bundt (cooking time appx. 38-40 min.) or two 9" cake pans (25 min.)

Caleb loved them!!

10 comments:

Tereza said...

there is a birthday here tomorrow..guess what I'll be baking! Yup...this recipe that you posted just on time! btw made your buttermilk bread and it was YUM. I left out the cheese though and it was still very yummy!

Virginia Revoir said...

Yay! Oh, just watch out because it's hard to just eat one. Tee hee....

Oh, that's awesome about the bread!

Anonymous said...

Nice job with the canned Funfetti frosting.

Also, how many times can you use the word "this" in a single paragraph before readers start committing suicide? I don't know, but your opening paragraph got damn close... I feel so optimistic for your children; they are obviously being home-schooled by a master of academia. Not.

Virginia Revoir said...

You are right, that is canned Funfetti frosting. :) I had some in the cupboard and wanted to make use of it rather than waste it. I didn't have everything I needed to make my own frostin today. Oh well, it came out great! Yum. What matters is what my family thinks.

I laughed at your comment about the use of "this". I went back and realized I was over using it! Either that or you are just a critical person in nature. Regardless, I did touch it up a little. Thanks.

My children are not homeschooled but that's okay. I love the school they are at.

Take care and God bless. :)

Virginia Revoir said...

It's so cool that I have a tracker on this blog. Even down to the street where someone lives. Whether they posted as Anonymous or not. But no worries because you didn't threaten my family. You only insulted Funfetti and a silly word. :)

Mom said...

I love you and your attitude Virginia!

Tereza said...

about how many cupcakes does this recipe make?....we are about to bake it together with my birthday girl!

Virginia Revoir said...

It makes 24 cupcakes. :D

Zsuzsanna said...

Ha - you only like this because it has COFFEE in it!! :)

And anon - get over yourself and find a better use of your time than harassing a loving mother to a large family.

FLmom7 said...

I found your blog through momof9's Cooking With Littles Blog...thanks for sharing this recipe, we're always looking for better cupcake recipes!