Wednesday, March 23, 2011

From Boys 2 Men

Baby Hangers
Men Hangers
Finally..... I had to change Chaz and Ryan's hangers from baby hangers to men hangers.  Can you believe I waited till their clothes were falling the little hangers before changing them?  That's how hard it is to acknowledge they are growing up.  Yesterday as I was transferring the clothes, I cried.  Man, what a big baby.  Sniff.


Since the weather is absolutely perfect the kids have been playing outside a lot.  I love seeing the girls play in the houses outside and the boys seem to think that their job is to make holes everywhere.  It was sooo cute to see Kyle walking with Caleb everywhere to show him stuff.  Caleb copies his brothers.  Since Kyle was digging holes, he figured he'd help.  Kyle said, "Mom, look at all my hard work!"  I said "Nice Kyle, it's fine if you dig holes but make sure you fill it back up when you're done."  his mouth dropped open and that was that with digging holes for the day.  Problem solved.  Heh heh.

We don't grow our grass till April because from January to March our water is monitored to determine our sewer bill for the whole year.  So we are being ultra careful.  Come April, the grass is coming.  :)

Can I tell you an article that sent me through the roof yesterday?  I understand a tiny bit what it was saying but some things it said I was shocked by.  It was before noon and, boy, did it tick me off.

My Facebook status: What selfish world are you coming from? Take your so called studies and look in the mirror. Your own personal issues do not apply to the rest. About Article "Parents who hate parenting: The latest trend?"


But seriously, should I really be surprised? The bible says "..and lack normal affection for their families. They will refuse to make peace with anyone. They will be slanderous, lack self-control, be brutal, and have no love for what is good." 2 Timothy 3:3


Makes me sad that in this day and age is so incredibly selfish.  YES, I do believe some people can be miserable as moms that are selfish in nature.  There came a point in my life, it last a few months, where my thoughts turned inward.  Poor me.  I can't go out, have fun all the time, buy whatever I want, do what I want when I want.  There are a lot of "I's" in that, huh?  Thank goodness I saw the ugly selfishness in me. When I repented of it, I realized how ungrateful I was being and selfish.  I LOVE having a family but had a moment of pity..that drug on for a couple of months.  I'm embarrassed by that.  Whenever my thoughts started to turn inward, I'd shake my head and do a heart check.  Okay, so maybe moms to need a break every now and then.  It's good for moms to have some fellowship with other women or even just go to a book store alone and have a coffee. Whatever it is, take that break.  BUT PLEASE don't go and write really DUMB articles like these and put a blanket on other moms just because you found 500 moms that met your agenda.  


Please rate it at
The Mom Blogs



1 comment:

Zion said...

That would get me choked up to have to go to adult hangers too!!! I know what you mean about the studies about parenting, in fact I wrote a blog about it almost a year ago.