Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pork/Shrimp Fried Rice

We love to have pork and shrimp in the fried rice but I included pics without the pork in it in case you don't like seafood.

  • 5 cups uncooked rice
  • 4  carrots chopped in small pieces (we like organic)
  • 1 bag of frozen peas 
  • 1 lb of pork
  • 1 lb of frozen cooked shrimp
Pork, peas, carrots (without the shrimp) cooking in soy sauce.

I put my pork in my slow cooker with the chopped carrots and cook slowly throughout the day. Once it's finished I chop up the pork I use my rice cooker to start the rice.  

With the shrimp in it.

 While rice is cooking I lighty fry the carrots, chopped pork, frozen peas in soy sauce.  We love to add in cocktail shrimp.  :)

All mixed in together and lightly fried in oil

Once the rice is cook, fry with oil just until rice is a a little crunchy (tiny bit). Make sure all the rice is lightly coated with the oil.  Then stir in meat and vegetables. 

Makes a great meal with the rice, meat, and vegetables. :)

Serves about 12

No comments: