Monday, March 07, 2011

The Happy Handle Bar Shopping Cart Cover

I don't know about you but I feel like this past couple of months have been germ city.  Every time I visit the grocery store with my little ones, I use those sanitizing wipes they offer to clean the handle bars. Sometimes they don't offer the wipes. Babies touch the carts and put their hands in their mouth.  Ech.  

A study found that 64 percent of people believed the public restroom doorknob had more germs than an ATM. They were wrong. Likewise, people were surprised to learn that outdoor portable restrooms are actually cleaner than picnic tables, shopping cart handles, escalator handles, and playground equipment.  

Okay... that's gross.  Sooooo gross.  I did NOT know that until I did an online research.  I was excited that The Happy Handle Cart sent me this product to try.


The Happy Handle Bar Shopping Cart cover is a child's hygiene cover for children 6-36 months. This As Seen On TV product is simple in that it is small in size, easy to attach and remove, machine washable, comes in 6 different styles, safe and entertaining, can attach your kiddos favorite clip on toy, has two coupon, key, or binky holders, and all for.  Only $20.00 and can be purchased at www.buyhappyhandlebarcover.com  This product simply makes shopping safe and fun for everyone!!!  Patented and Made in the U.S.A



I do love how I can clip Caleb's toys right in front of him so he CAN'T keep tossing his toys overboard.  I just quit bringing toys to keep him happy because I was tired of bending over a zillion times to retrieve them off the floor.  

Okay, so here is what I liked.
1. Super easy clip on.  At first when I saw the package I wondered if I'd be able to figure out how to put it on.  The first time I pulled it out I had it on he handle bar in less than 10 seconds. Really easy.

2. Keep germs away.  I hate, hate, hate my family getting sick all the time from public places. Babies don't understand this and it just helps to have something like this to protect them.  

3. Easy to fold and put away. (See bottom picture).  Easily fit in my diaper bag with room to spare.

4. I didn't even know it was washable but just found out it is!  (Thank you, thank you!)

5. The two front pockets can hold whatever you like.  Well, I lose everything so I put my keys in one of the pockets and his binky that he likes to toss in the other pocket.  When I'm getting back to my van, often my keys are buried down in my purse and I'm fishing for them.  This solves that problem.

6. Has spots for toys to clip on and straps that hold sippy cups or bottles. Yay!


What I didn't like

1. The Fry's shopping cart handles are pretty small so the handle kept slipping for me.  It wasn't a major annoyance but I like to have a firm grip when I'm pushing the cart.  However, when I tested this cart cover on Target's shopping cart, it snapped on perfectly and was firm.  In fact, it gave even more space between the bar and the baby to fit bigger sippy cups.  So it'll depend on the store's cart on how well it fits. Still, it does stay on even if you encounter a cart that has a skinny handle.  

There you have it. More positives than negatives.  I really do like it and it's for keeps.  

Easily fits in my diaper bag with room to spare


How to use The Happy Handle Bar Shopping Cart Cover


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

6 comments:

Tereza said...

I love it...if they wanna send me one send them my way:):) Such fun colors too!

Chris H said...

That is an awesome product. I am off to see if I can get one through the website.

Virginia Revoir said...

Yeah, they have several patterns to choose from but this was my favorite. :)

Zion said...

That looks like it would be really practical. I went to Tomoson product review to see if I could sign up for anything, but most of it was stuff it didn't look like I could qualify for because of Twitter followers and all that. Any tips on how to do a review?

Virginia Revoir said...

Messy Mom, I purposefully grew my twitter followers through Twiends just so I could do these. I went from 100 to 1,000 in about a weeks time. I also went through twitter using #babies and #moms, etc to find people I'd actually want to connect with. Now that I'm going over 1,000 and it's growing on its own, I am slowing weeding out people that are not following me and and eventually people that are not in my interests to follow. I need to keep it at 1,000 always though so it'll take time. ;) Now I can qualify for more things. Also, if you do sign up and you apply to promote a product but get rejected, just send them a rebuttal just in case because I've gotten accepted that way before.

Zion said...

Thanks. I might try that. Twitter has always intimidated me, but I do have an account. I will look you up :)