Friday, March 11, 2011

Our Little Petting Zoo

This family is so into pets just like mommy.  When I was a little girl I always was trying to take in hurt animals and care for them till they were better.  My parents weren't too keen on pets so I always said when I grew up, I would get my own little zoo.  I can understand because children always want the animals and the parents always end up caring for them. Lucky for my kids, I LOVE to care for animals.

Well, I have a mini zoo started!  Now its chickens, mice (in a cage,  phew), rabbits, and a Great Dane.  My dream is to have a goat but I'm not sure when that'll be.  I try to take on a little at a time so I can get used to the feed schedule and the care.

Male (on the left) and Female (on the right)

Kyle earned these rabbits with his money.  Kyle got honor roll so we gave him $10 per "A".  He not only paid for the rabbits but for a 50lb bag of food for them.  So proud of him.  Just waiting for my older two boys' report cards. Who knows, maybe we'll have more critters.  LOL.  

Kyle (7) and Ryan (9)

Although I love animals, I am terrified at getting my finger bit.  I always have since getting bit by a goat before. I mean, I did stick my hand in his mouth.  Heh heh.  But still, the zoo got rid of the goat after that happened and I felt guilty.  He was so happy in the petting zoo getting attention.  Well the other day, I tore apart my kids whole room to find their mouse that escaped. Took us a half hour and I screamed every single time I saw the mouse. However, I got him and he's safe.  I'm not kidding when I say we tore apart the room.  I didn't want to find the mouse in my kitchen. He's so cute and white but because I'm afraid of getting bit, I only hold them sometimes.  

3 comments:

Chris H said...

If you have a boy rabbit and a girl rabbit are you not worried you will end up with A MILLION rabbits soon!!!

Zion said...

We don't have any pets right now and honestly I don't know how you do it all, but I love animals. We had a pet rabbit growing up and a mouse (along with the typical cats, dogs, fish). My mouse got out once and when we found it days later and it was pregnant! Crazy story.

Virginia Revoir said...

Oh, if I was a perfectionist Messy Mom I'd have a much tougher time. Trust me! I don't have to have things perfect. I just generally make my life more complicated all the time by adding new responsibilities. AND loving it all the way. :D

I know, Chris H, about the babies! That's what I am hoping for. Tee hee..