Friday, April 01, 2011

Putting Daddy on the Roof

Just before bed Ivy had something to share with me:

Ivy: Ohhh, I can't wait to grow up and be a mommy!  When I'm a mommy I'm gonna move you guys out of the bedroom and daddy will sleep on the roof.

Me: Oh really???  Um Okay.  How many kids do you want Ivy?

Ohh, how about 5.  I just can't wait to cook and be a mommy!

Yay!  Well, I'll be excited to be a Grandma and play with them.  Are you sure you only want 5?

Umm...how about 13?

Wow!  Okay!

Well, I don't know. I don't want to be fat!

Oh Ivy.  You won't be fat.  Even if you do get fat for a bit, it'll go away eventually.

Okay.  Well, I'm scared though because it's really gonna hurt having them come out of my tummy!

You'll be okay, Ivy. I promise.  They'll give you some medicine and before you know it, they'll be out of your tummy.  It's a cinch.

Oh phew!  I'm glad.

Okay, goodnight Ivy.  Why don't you and Ashley lay in bed together and talk about when you are gonna be mommies?

Okay!  Goodnight mom!

Goodnight Ivy.  I love you.

1 comment:

Zsuzsanna said...

How sweet! Little girls are so much fun!!