Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easy Homemade Pizza-Updated

I updated this recipe since before I hadn't made my own dough.  This amount of crust is more Chicago style so if you like less crust, just take away from part of the dough or even split it in half.  I will be doing that next time since I do like as much crust.


I had been putting it off because I didn't know how to make pizza. Boy, was I missing out!  


****************

Yummy and easy homemade pizza.

Finished pizza. Pick your own topping!

Homemade Pizza Crust (Thicker crust)
To see make a thinner crust, scroll to very bottom
Ingredients
  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions
  1. Stir water, sugar and yeast together until dissolved. Add the olive oil and the salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
  2. Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil. If desired sprinkle basil, thyme or other seasonings on crust. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven.
***********************
  • Roll out dough on pizza pan and then push corners into edges of circle so it resembles a round pizza.  :D  Sprinkle garlic powder over it lightly.
Rolled out homemade pizza dough
  • I mixed together equal parts of tomato paste and tomato sauce.  Then added in about a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning. Salt and pepper if you like. Then spread amount you like over pizza crust.
  • This is where you hide your vegetables.  I sprinkled chopped red bell peppers and onions.
  • Monterey Jack cheese. However much you like. We like a lot.  ;)
  • Then add whatever toppings you like.  My favorite is pepperoni and mushrooms.
  • Then I sprinkled Italian Seasoning over the top. This ingredient really, really adds to the taste.


Baked at 450 degrees for 12 minutes on pizza pan and the last 3 minutes directly on rack.


MY FAMILY LOVED IT!
Charles said it he is in heaven now that I can make it and to please make it at least a couple times a week.  Hurray!  Success in the kitchen and I didn't kill anyone in the process.  :D

P.S. We like a thinner crust than what I made in these pictures.  Here is adjusted amounts:

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 teaspoons white sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour

3 comments:

JTWisdom said...

This looks delicious. Love making pizza. Stopping by from Bloggers2Bloggers.

JTwisdom

Keri Jo said...

Ooohhh, we tried this last night and everyone LOVED it. It really was simple. I think I'm going to try and freeze it and see how it turns out.

Virginia Revoir said...

That's awesome, Keri Jo! This has been one of our favorites and it's sooo easy to make. :D