I'm worried I won't remember how I threw everything together but it turned out delicious so I'm gonna write it down real fast.
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of ranch
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 can of refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas
- Enchilada sauce (can or homemade version)
- Stir together mushroom soup and green chiles, spoon 1/2 cup mixture in bottom of 13x9 baking dishing coated with cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, ranch until smooth. Stir in chicken, 1 cup cheese, cilantro and chiles.
- Spoon 2 TBS of beans, 1/3 cup of mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining Monterey cheese and then chedder cheese on top of that. Sprinkle cilantro over it.
- Poor enchilada sauce over it. (In picture you can see I didn't use a lot. Some of my kids are picky of how much).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp hot chili powder
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- 5-7 tablespoons of sugar (depending on taste desired)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high high heat. Saute onion until tender. Stir in garlic, oregano, cumin and cinnamon, paprika; saute for a few minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, flour and chili powder, stirring until sauce thickens. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and sugar; reduce until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Remember, keep adding the sugar till the sauce doesn't have a bitter taste. So add to your liking. I think I added 7 tablespoons but I can't remember. I'm still tweaking this so if you have any good ideas for the sauce after you try it, please let me know! :)