Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

To My Love Charles:

Happy Father's Day to my love, my friend. You are more the daddy than I ever could've imagined. You take the time to pray with the kids every night before bed. You play wrestle fight at night when they ask. You guide them and show them scripture in the Bible so they understand what is right. It takes time to do that. It is so easy to just be busy every day and never slow down. You care enough to show them to Christ and be the example they need. You are not all talk. You live it. Thank you for being the priest of our home and caring to pray everyday that God would guide and direct you. You pray for our protection. You go to work every day and work very hard to provide for us. Because of you I get to stay at home, raise my own children, and homeschool them. How could have ever gotten so blessed? Thank you so much for everything. You amaze me.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

To My Dad:

Thank you for raising me up in the Lord. For being a good example. It's not a matter of you being perfect, but the fact that you kept going. You never quit the race. You taught us to dust off our failures, learn from them, and how to look to God for strength. You are the hardest worker I have ever seen and it is not taken for granted. When I was a little girl, I would sneak out of bed real early before dawn, to see you praying on your knees each morning. You showed me what it means to truly serve Christ. More than just attending church, but giving our whole lives, our words, our actions to Him. You showed me what a difference it makes to serve in the church. To be a servant of Him with a cheerful heart. You gave of yourself as a husband, father, and as a leader in ministries. Even though I had no choice, if I did, I would've picked you as my father. Thank you for everything.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Those are two wonderful tributes to two great-sounding guys!