Monday, May 23, 2011

When Will the World End?

First, see this.....


Sooo much talk was put into the subject about the the claims of the world ending.  We all knew it was false of course because of scriptures that were plainly and simply put.  NO ONE know the day or the hour.  Rather than focus on when the world is ending, why not just focus on the day and the hour God has gifted us here and now?  

Today is the day I'm going to tell my husband I love him.  I'm gonna look him in his eyes and tell him how much I truly appreciate his hard work for this family.  The roof over our head, food in our fridge, clothing on our body.  He gets up when it's still dark outside whether it's hot or cold, sick or not, or even when he's plain exhausted still.  With red eyes and no complaint on his lips, he whispers goodbye each morning so not to wake me and gives me a hug. I'm so thankful for him.

Today is the day I'm gonna give my kids a hug and tell each and every one of them that they are gifts from God.  That they rocked my world from day 1 of them coming into this earth.  My body may never be the same but my heart is bursting with pride and intense love. Each one is unique in their interest, struggles, strengths, personality and desires.  They're ALL mine and I will love each and very day they are with me.  Even with the thousands of diapers I've had to change and hundreds of dollars worth of batteries I've had to buy for their toys.  (Batteries now, cars later).  

Today is the day I'm gonna forgive a past wrong even if I don't feel it was deserved.  After all, I don't remember ever achieving perfection myself.  I would hope someone would forgive me the same.

Today is the day I'm gonna watch the sunset.  I never take the time to do that.  I'm gonna sit outside with my kids and just watch the sun slowly fall till it kisses the horizon.  While its left my sky, its lighting up my sister's sky in South Africa.  Enjoy the sunrise, Jodee.  :)

The question is not when will the world end,  When I lay my head down at night, I need to know in my heart that I didn't take God's gift of life for granted.  I'm not even guaranteed tomorrow.  Life begins for some and life ends for others each and every day.  

"This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalms 118:24

1 comment:

farnsworthfive said...

That sign is great!