Monday, May 09, 2011

Emerson Creek Pottery Brie Baker Review


Iris Brie Baker
Emerson Creek Pottery sent me this beautiful Brie Baker.  You can bake undividual pot pie or heat cheeses in it and these are lead-free! 

If you ever served a baked brie, you know how messy it can become once people start eating it. This is why many people wrap their bake brie in puff pastry. Since it is so good, you do not wish to lose any bites. The advantage of the brie baker is that you can use it as the serving dish.

It's fun trying something so here is a great recipe to start out with!




Baked Brie

1 8-ounce wheel Brie cheese
2 tablespoons white wine (such as a dry Riesling)
1 tablespoon orange juice
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Place Brie in ceramic baker. Combine wine and orange juice and spread over Brie. Cover with almonds. Place in oven, then turn to 325 degrees F. to let dish warm up with oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with French bread rounds. Serves 6-8.

One further note: Once you’ve put your Brie in the oven, keep an eye on it. You want it melting-soft and heated through and the toppings all “cooked,” but you don’t want burned, dried-out, or blackened Brie or toppings. Check at 10 minutes, again at 15, and again at 20 if it’s not done before that. Don’t raise the oven temperature higher than 325 degrees F. If the toppings seem to be drying out too fast, add another splash of liquid and/or cover the Brie dish with aluminum foil.


***********
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas a Minneapolis SEO and Web Design firm. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

I have never heard of baking Brie cheese! I wonder if I dare try it???? lol

Latraviata said...

Why on earth would you bake Brie?
In France you can get the death penalty for it.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

DO NOT tempt me with your advertorial. It looks like pretty stuff. :)

Virginia Revoir said...

Sorry! Actually, I get these products sent to me and it's such a big blessing to our family and I just have to share about it. But I didn't even know about brie cheese until I had to learn about it because of the brie baker. Now I can't wait to try it! I guess it's good as a dip and stuff.