Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Toddler's Rules of Possession

Goodness, Ashley has been such a stinker lately and extremely sneaky.  Some days she comes in with my makeup all over her face.  Other days she's clean the floors with my last box of baby wipes.  She gets her feelings hurt real easy and when she cries it's very high pitch and sounds like a jet taking off.  It definitely gets people's attention if we're in public. She's very possessive like most toddlers.  Although, she is almost out of that phase of life, she's very much a little girl.  Man, if we didn't train up our kids in doing what's right and fighting selfishness, this world would be scary.  Wait a minute!  Maybe some never did learn to be kind, selfless, and giving.  People are running around like BIG TODDLERS.  Hmmm.....

She makes me think of this: 

Toddlers Rules of Possession


1. If I like it, it's mine.

2. If it's in my hand, it's mine. 

3. If I can take it from you, it's mine. 

4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine. 

5. If it's mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in anyway. 

6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine. 

7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine. 

8. If I saw it first, it's mine. 

9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically
becomes mine. 

10. If it's broken, it's yours. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post and so true!!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

The picture!! Ohhh the picture is perfect.

Zsuzsanna said...

Oh, so funny, and so true. And what is it with girls and high-pitch shrieking??!? Seriously, my right ear is bust.

Your post made me think of this article that I almost tore apart on my blog, but decided it was a lost cause. Besides, I pity parents who "parent" like this, but it is good for a laugh.

http://attachmentparenting.org/blog/2011/05/13/i-am-not-raising-obedient-children/