Saturday, May 21, 2011

If the World Ended Today

I'm sure you've heard all the talk about how the world is supposed to end on May 21, 2011 because someone studied the bible and determined a date like many before him have.... and of course we know it's not going to happen.  Disasters have happened all around the world and has come closer together than ever before.  The bible warns of it.  Like the birth pains of a mother in labor coming closer and closer.... yet no one knows the day or the hour of Christ coming.  Anyone giving a specific date is a false prophet.

View outside my kitchen window

Just for the sake of thinking about our life and what a gift it is.  
What IF today was our last day?

I woke up this morning and was grateful 
the son rose for one more day  
For the last brave flower that opened and reached up it's face to the sky
I'm grateful the clouds that still show their silver lining
I grateful that Mr. Bell invented a way for me to call my mom up
to say I love you again, just in case
I'm so happy I got to see my little kids come in the room
with sleepy eyes and a tired "Good morning" 
I quietly crept out of bed at 7am to watch the kids 
So my husband could sleep in on a Saturday
I still fed my chickens and check for their eggs
grateful they laid just one more time
I got to lay my little sweetie Caleb down for his last nap 
and watch his eyes slowly close
I'm so grateful for the 31 years 341 days 
God has graciously given me
Each and every day is a precious gift
Thank goodness for one more day

Thank you, Lord, for one more day


No comments: