Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Taking my Herd to the Buffet

Mother's Day was FANTASTIC!  My husband didn't know every Mother's Day is on a Sunday so he was caught off guard Saturday night when he found out.  The next morning I woke up to white roses (that you can plant), a card, and a Starbucks gift card.  Score!  He got up real early that morning to sneak off to the store before I awoke to make sure I had something.  Wow!  What a sweetie.

My mom and I Mother's Day 2011
After church we went with my parents to a chinese buffet.  It is very hard to get Charles to one but this one time he was happy to take me. Plus, they had crab soooo..... it was heavenly.  This one mom kept running up to the crab tray though every time they filled it.  Literally, they'd come with a new huge tray and she'd empty the whole thing in 2.7 seconds. Then we'd have to wait another 15 minutes for them to make more.  It took 3 times of this happening with the same lady before we finally got some. Next time I'm gonna pick up my table and just sit next to it.  Heh heh.  I didn't come for ordinary noodles, I came for the seafood baby!  My kids were cheering the whole way to the buffet because they love how everyone gets to pick what they want, have dessert.  Plus they have Breyers ice cream.  So everyone is happy.

Ryan is not in picture. Probably getting his 24th ice cream cone
Oh, funny story.  There was a line forming behind me while I was making ice cream cones for my whole family.  I'd get done with one cone and the kid behind me would reach out his hand for the scooper. But then I'd already be reaching for another cone.  So I'd make another one and when I was done with that one, he'd put his hand out again.  This happened 7 times before I handed it off.  Heh heh.  A long line was beginning to form behind me.  When I get back to the table and hand baby Caleb his cone, I realize that all my other kids had the same idea.  Caleb had several cones in front of him and he kept putting one down and trying another.

After we were done eating Ivy had a big smile on her face.  Then she sighed and said "I love China!"  At least my big boys don't yell "Lets go see Chinese people!" every time they want to visit a buffet anymore.

The Duggars: 20 and Counting!: Raising One of America's Largest Families--How they Do ItThe Duggar Dad loves taking his army to the buffets too. I can see why!  Your kids can eat like there is no tomorrow and everyone gets to pick whatever they want.  "What?  You're full?  Go get some more.  You never know, a famine could begin tomorrow!"

By the way, this is such a great book that I've read it twice and my husband has even read it.  I'll be reading it again too.  There is so many tips and ideas that I glean from this book.

2 comments:

Pfingston said...

I've read that book and love it too! It wasn't mine though so I had to return it.

Even thought I've only got three kids, I love taking them to the buffet too . . .

Thought it was funny about the lady and the shrimp! LOL

Kerrie McLoughlin said...

ooh! i love this book! i got my tater tot casserole recipe from this and make it weekly! i'm working on a tater tot casserole cookbook ebook b/c i've come up with like 50 variations on it. it will be out in 2020. haha!