Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Beginnings of Christmas Fun

I got behind on some of my posts because I really wanted to focus on Olga and Kareen.  I spent most of my waking hours working on it so I didn't get a chance to come here and blog about our Christmas during the last weeks of December.  So I am now!  :D  We had a blast.....


The holidays this year were wonderful. The weather was amazing. We started out early buying gifts so we weren't stressed this year.  With our kids, we always buy them 3 presents a piece.  1 big one and 2 smaller.  Meaning, usually the bigger one cost more. Got that idea from my sis so we don't go out of control.  :) I mean, still, there are 8 of us in the house. That's 24 gifts to buy. 


A family member blessed us with a tree this year. Last years was a Dr. Suess tree.  Hee hee.  I used to worry how the tree was decorated.  It had to look perfect and everything had to match.  This time I just opened the box to the decorations and told the kids to have fun!  the tree decorations were kind of lopsided and there were none on the bottom because baby Caleb helped himself....but it was beautiful!  We never have glass bulbs so I don't have to worry about shattered glass on the floor.  The kids are still in their school uniforms in the pictures because they couldn't wait to decorate the tree after they came home from school.



I don't think next year we will do much candy in the stockings.  I think 90% of it got smashed after pulling it all out and being excited about presents.  Maybe I'll just get creative and only do some candy with some neat stocking stuffers.  Besides, candy is not good for my diet!  Heh heh

No comments: