Thursday, January 06, 2011

Paying to See Snow

We headed to the zoo to see snow since it's a rarety around here! They had truckloads of it brought in. Even my sister-in-law and her family were there! My mom joined the fun (it was her idea) so it was good fellowship and snow playing fun.

Kyle making snow angel

We had Apple cider to bring in the New Year and Radio Disney was there playing their music. I like the music part, although we usually only listen to Christian music here at home.  Plus there was dancing so we stayed away from that part.  They had some fun contest and we were so hoping to win the ice skating party!  That's our next family adventure.
Kyle throwing a snowball
I love the picture that my mom captured of Kyle throwing the snowball.  So neat!  We had snow fights and I think most people just didn't know what to do in the snow.  Sometimes someone else would get caught in our line of fire.
Ashley
Towards the end of the day there all the kids were cold because their socks started to get wet even though they were wearing snow boots. My mom, the genius, brought new socks for them to change into so they could be warm.  Thank goodness.  All my kids were crying and making quite a scene they were so cold.  LOL
Ivy and Ryan

Ivy on snow slide
The snow slide was awesome!  It would have been fun to go down the slide but I just had fun watching the kids faces as they went down.  It was hilarious!  I don't think they expected to go down SO FAST.
Ivy and Kyle on slide
Ivy
Chaz
Charles
I have no idea who the kid is that is ducking next to Charles.  LOL.  But in the end we all had one huge snow fight.  I have a video of us playing but I look pregnant in it because I had put my camera under my jacket and it made my belly look like it's sticking out! 

2 comments:

Marti said...

Looks like everyone had fun! I can send snow right to your doorstep if you want it. Two big storms coming our way again.

Jennifer Allan said...

So cute :)

Plantation Shutters