Saturday, May 30, 2009

Making It Through The Pain

I HATE ever complaining so it's hard to write this. Since it's my journal and I like to see journeys I go through, experiences, I'm gonna write my feelings. Risking nasty comments from those booger butts who love to come on my blog and harass me. :)

Last night I couldn't sleep because of the pain from my wisdom teeth being removed. I haven't eaten in 24 hours. My mouth is still almost completely clamped shut. The doctor said it is because of the trauma. Today I woke up at 5am and just stared at my computer screen, trying to take my mind off the pain. Tylenol just wasn't cutting it. Today is MUCH worse. (I found it that happens and is normal). Early this morning I called my doctor and begged him for stronger medicine. I was worried though for baby Caleb in my tummy but he said Tylenol/Codeine was safe. He couldn't believe I was only taking Tylenol. I waited 3 hours for the medicine to get called in. To take my mind past the pain, I laid in the bathtub for 3 hours. As soon as Charles walked in with the medicine I broke down crying. I was so relieved. I had endured this pain for 2 days and finally got something for it. I made it! When I got out of the bath, my kids all surrounded me and held me. They told me how much they loved me. They said it over and over just holding my hand. I smiled and my heart was happy. What sweet, sweet kids God blessed me with. When I shut the door to change, they all laid on the floor so they could talk to me thru the door. "We love you mom. It's okay. You're so beautiful mom." I opened the door and hugged them all. Goodness gracious, I love these little guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got something strong for that pain! There is no need to suffer as long as you did. You were a champ though! :)

Hugs!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

My goodness I felt for you reading all this. Esp. as I could be going through the same thing Tues night. Bleh! Well, except I'm not preg.. just meds don't work on me so well.

How are ya feeling NOW????

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got something stronger for the pain. Bless your heart. I hope you are feeling better.

Amber said...

So glad you got something stronger (and still safe) for the pain! Your little angels are probably making you feel better too :)