Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Appreciating the Backyard


My boy's friend Desmond loves the yard! He lives in a small apartment with his mom and sister. I have him this whole week while his mom is out of state. This morning he looked out our playroom window and saw the backyard. He came running in and said, "I didn't know you had that whole yard"! He told me that I had a trampoline and a castle. He couldn't believe it. I remember those days of living in an apartment and the boys needing to run around. Desmond was so happy to ride around in the monster truck and play with the boys. I'm happy Desmond can have fun too. :) Kids need to have toys and fun things to do or they get into trouble! Not the excess that people think they need. Like TV tries to promote. "Your kids need this and that and that and this". Not that kind of lust for toys. That's why a back yard with a trampoline, castle, and monster truck with soccer balls and baseballs is so much fun! Boys have energy and the backyard beckons them. :D

No comments: