Thursday, May 14, 2009

Making Changes

My friend, a fellow blogger, gave me good advice the other day. She said that every year, she evaluates her relationship with people her in life and she cuts off what is not healthy. I felt like for so long I just took so much. Allowed so much to be said to me, really harsh things by they same people, year after year. Why do I go on pursuing relationships that hurt me? It's so weird, but this last year, it's like these relationships, the detrimental flaws, all came to a head at once. I kept putting myself in situations where my family, my homeschooling, my kids, my finances, and my church was questioned and insulted over and over. Why do I do that??? My husband and I both decided that even if it hurts, we have to let go of what is not healthy for us as a family. I don't like to walk around with a guard up all the time. I don't like doing that because it's almost like by doing that, I had to harden my heart. I'm not that kind of a person. I've always been a very positive person. Thank you friend for helping me see what I had to do because I did just that. My pastor says to stay away from people that are always negative. It only pulls you down. I don't want to grow old and become this crotchety and cynical person. I want to be peaceful, fun, thoughtful, growing, and encouraging person. :) My kids and my husband are too precious to allow others to make us feel ashamed for who we are. I'm so incredibly blessed. On a positive note.... I love these pics! We were running more errands and in between driving, while stopped, I would play math questions with them. Of course we had some ice cream too. By the time we got home, the kids were so happy to be out of there seats, they were all happy and being goofy together.
Post a Comment