Friday, September 12, 2008

Readers Rally to Injured Blogger Mom

Did you hear about this sweet mom who is a fellow blogger? Her and her husband were in a crash and are badly burned. Their story is here. It will also lead you to her blog.

Blogger mom hurt in crash inspires support

Here is a clip of something she was discussing in her blog. It really, really touched my heart. Why do I sometimes rush through my days? I love my little ones! I have so much more to show them, to teach them, to love them. I don't want them to grow up. I just want them here with me. Why do I forget??? I love my kids so much. I don't ever want to send them off to daycare, or to someone else. I even hate sending them off to school. They are my babies and I feel they are quickly growing up, much faster than I can grasp a hold of! I hope this mommy gets another chance to kiss her husband and kiss her little ones....
"Author Anna Quindlen reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments.{or if I could enter here-the basket-head mother syndrome} She said: “The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”(Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11)

No comments: