Thursday, September 25, 2008

First Place We Lived




When my husband and I were first married we had lived here. Do you see the pretty view? Sooo pretty! It is actually where he grew up basically. It burned down so there is nothing left. We took our kids there and told them this was where mommy and daddy lived before any of them were born. They climbed on the steps that were left and looked around. They found the chain that is still there where Charles' dogs were kept in the backyard. They were escape artists so the chains kept them from escaping but they were not always kept on it. (I can just imagine PETA people groaning). My kids thought the place was pretty neat and I even picked up a large rock to keep with us as at our house to remember that place by. Boy, these last 10 years have FLOWN by. It's just so crazy. My kids are gonna grow fast. I'm gonna give them an extra hug. XOXOXO.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

It must have been a bit sad to see the house gone... I bet you had many happy memories there.

Anonymous said...

I always find it sad seeing a place like that has been demolished or burnt down. It's great that you took the kids there :) We've been married 10 years this year and sure it's gone by quickly in a way