Friday, June 23, 2006

Bloopers!


My future piano player (aka ballerina dancer). Hee, hee.. just waiting for her to get old enough to take ballet. Unless of course she hates it. :)

Anyhow, I have to tell you about a funny day I had. You're gonna think this is so weird. But do you ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong? I had one! First I was heading to the van with the kids so I can go workout at the gym. I noticed after I sat down that I had left my little headphones set (that I used to listen to music at the gym) on the dash and it warped in the sun. As I was turning a corner, my new glasses flew out the window. I had to stop the van and go retrieve them. Now they were broken so I knew that I'd have to go to the mall and grab another pair. So then I headed to the gas station. Charles and I got our gas in the van down to empty so we could put fuel injection cleaner in it. So, I had just a little bit of gas left. I first put the cleaner in the gas tank and then I put my card in at the gas station and it says denied! I was like "what"?! So, I tried again and still it said denied! Oh no!!! I had no quarters to call Charles and I had 4 kids sitting in a hot van. I didn't know if it was safe for me to drive to another gas station with low gas and cleaner in it. So I asked a guy next to me if it was safe. We talked back and forth about it for about 5 minutes. I told him that I had money in my account and didn't understand why I was denied. He asked me where I banked and I told him "Desert Schools". It occurred to me right then and there that I had switched accounts and was now with another bank. I was so embarrassed. I didn't want to reveal to him that I was just using the wrong card so I said, "Oh, I just remembered that I have another card I can use"! So I got the other card and of course it worked. I felt so dumb. He made sure I was okay and then left. So, I headed to the YMCA and worked out. After I took my shower, I forgot to wash my face. So I was walking around the lockers with a towel on my head, never looking in a mirror. People are all around me. I finally look in the mirror after awhile and realize that mascara was running all down my face. I mean, all the way down to my chin. I was horrified. I looked scary. I was so embarrassed, I immediately washed my face. No wonder people took long looks at me. So, finally I head to McDonalds to get a salad and as I'm pouring my Powerade drink, I accidentally tip it too far back and it pours over Chaz's head. His hair was totally blue. As I'm dying with laughter and trying to hide it, he started to get upset and said to me, "Mom, that wasn't very nice"! By then Charles had showed up and was laughing too. I had told him about my day and he said, "Man, baby, maybe I should drive!" So, later we're heading to Border's bookstore and he's trying to buy his next book in the series. He thinks he doesn't have the right book so he tells the lady that we'll drive 35 minutes to another Borders to get the right one. Then we pull through another McDonald's to get a drink. I hear music and I said, "Man, who's playing that music?" Charles said, "Um, we are." Oops. I thought it was coming from another car. After I go into the mall to replace my glasses, we drive 35 minutes to another Borders and it turns out that he had the right book after all at the one closer to our house. Arrghh! I said, "Baby! Now we've driven and hour out of our way for a book that was already at the other Borders"! We laughed about it and then I said, "That's okay, you got the last blooper of the day."

No comments: