Sunday, December 18, 2011

Capturing Memories on Christmas Morning

It's gonna be hard this Christmas season not having a camera.  There are so many beautiful things to capture.  Beautiful festive lights flickering on as the sun sets.  Sleepy kids on Christmas morning rubbing their eyes quickly to see what surprises are waiting for them under the tree.  The look on sleepy daddy's face as he sits on the couch in his pajamas sipping coffee.  Usually having very little sleep getting up early with a smile.     Seeing family we haven't seen in awhile.  My camera broke a month ago and it was pretty expensive so it's not an easy replacement.  We gonna miss it this December.

I know Christmas isn't all about the gifts but it's still so much fun  to have surprises waiting under festive wrapping paper for everyone to open.  When my husband asks me what I want I usually always think what I need instead.  Or, something I can get that would make my job a little bit easier.  I'm soooo not a lover of ironing.  I can't stand it.  So, yesterday while I was shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond, I spotted the exact fabric steamer I've been wanting.  I'm always armed with a coupon so it saved me $12 at the register.  This is gonna be a life saver on the Sunday mornings before church.  It takes so long for a regular iron to heat up and having to drag the ironing board out is a pain.  Plus, I'm always worried a little one will reach their hand up and knock it over.  My husband was even happier I went out and bought it for him so he doesn't have to wonder if he got the right one.  Yay!  So excited.  That's all I've been wanting for so long so I can't wait to try it.  Charles said I can't open it till Christmas so there is no chance I'm able to use it before church this morning.  Heh heh.


Chaz's only friend is moving this week and he's pretty sad about it.  He's moving about an hour and a half away.  I'll be going to his mom's house tomorrow to help them pack.  It's really, really hard for Chaz to make friends.  We can thank Aspergers Syndrome for this since it's a social disorder.  They met at school and one day when I went to go pick him up, I met Dexter and his mom. Turns out, Dexter also has Aspergers Syndrome.  They found each other and were already buddies at school. So, they get along fantastic!  I've had him over the last couple of days so they can spend some time together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe get a disposable cam this year :( I hate when I dont have my camrea.

Thats so sad is friend is movning away...

Jenny said...

Wow, I could of written this post. Our camera broke a month ago as well and I've been SO sad thinking I won't be able to take any pictures on Christmas :( I am trying to see what I can sell to maybe get a cheaper one so at least I have something.