Monday, September 26, 2011

My Boys Got Baptized!

My two oldest boys were baptized last night at church! I'm so proud of them and know they were being brave by going up in front of 300 people. They have both been asking me for over a year but I just wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing and be ready.


Nowhere in the bible does it say to baptize infants but only when they understand what they are doing.  When they have accepted Christ and make a choice to be baptized.

In the mic Ryan said, "Hi, my name is Ryan for those of you that don't know me.  I asked Jesus into my heart and now I just want to obey God and get baptized."

I thought the first part was cute since everyone there has pretty much known Ryan since he was born.  Many changed his diaper in nursery.  :)  Soooo cute.

Charles and I were super proud!



Chaz gave a great testimony too but he was SUPER nervous up there.  I'm so proud of him though because it's not easy standing up with a ton of people staring at you.  He kept his short and sweet.  :)

By the way, my boys don't normally dress that casual in church.  They just had to change into something they could get wet in.  :D
Chaz coming back up after being baptized.

Chaz and Ryan are just so close in age that they tend to do everything together. They are my Irish twins.  :)  They are 12 months apart in age.

Proud mommy and daddy!

5 comments:

The Trendy Boutique said...

That is wonderful - congratulations! My girls both got baptized this year so I know how proud you feel :)

Taryn said...

Congratulations-they are brave. My brother and I are "Irish twins".

theologygeek said...

"Nowhere in the bible does it say to baptize infants but only when they understand what they are doing."

That is not correct. When Paul baptized households, the word oikov (oikon) was used. This was used throughout the bible in different verses to mean the entire household. The word covers parents, children, slaves, maids. I'd go further in depth, but I don't think you're open to lessons in Greek and Hebrew, along with a theological discussion in biblical history.

Virginia Revoir said...

I was pretty sure someone would get their toes stepped on with that statement. It's just in the scriptures and what I believe. :)

sunnylattegma said...

Seeing your boys get baptized was priceless!