Thursday, June 09, 2011

Kids Say Hilarious Things!

Last night I went to go pick up my son's friend at around 11pm.  I asked him what time his mom normally gets up in the morning.  He said 5am because she has to get up and babysit at 7am.  I asked, "Yes, but why get up so early?"  He replied, "Because she has to get up and open the curtains."  Ohhhh, well that explains it.  It's hard for me to comprehend why anyone would purposefully get up before daylight but that's because I've always been a night owl.  By the time I went to bed it was around midnight.  Guess what time I woke up?  5am and for NO REASON.  I was just wide awake. That's what I get for sticking my nose in someone else's business.

No matter how tempting it is to wanna write first thing in the morning, I know it's good to start the day in God's word.  I was sitting and reading when Ashley walked up to me and told me some disparaging words.  She sadly said:

"Mom, my lips is lost.

What happened to them?

I don't know.  I lost them in my bedroom. Sniff....

Can you go find them?

No, my legs are broken

Oh my, I'm sorry.  Hopefully you'll get better soon and then you can find them.  Do you want to try looking for them again?

No

Why not?

Because God said no"


Caleb picked the chore of unloading the
dishwasher and he loves it!
She was really worried about them.  We'll have to clean her room today to see if we can find them.  I'd hate it if my arm fell off and I couldn't use it.  Would be really tough cleaning since I need every available body part to keep up after these kids.  No matter how many years I've kept on them about putting their stuff away and cleaning, they still manage to have stuff follow them wherever they go.  Little stinkers.  My mother-in-love called and said she would like to come over this summer and help me declutter and organize.  I screamed in the phone I was so excited!  On this last trip, while staying in a hotel, I kept it spotless EASILY.  You know why?  Because it was simple.  As soon as I walked in I hung my clothes up, lined up my shoes, folded my shorts and pants, put stuff in drawers.  Was easy.  When I was single my apartment was spotless BECAUSE it was simple.  Put me with 6 kids and a husband and it can easily overwhelm me.  Not that a perfect house is something I should care about, but I'd like to not break both my toes and my elbow on things that are left out.  AND I'd rather swim in a pool any day than swim through stuff left out on the floor.  

No comments: