Thursday, July 16, 2009

We'll Have Church No Matter What, Mom!

















With everything that's been happening, I haven't always been able to make it to church. It depends on my pain levels that night. Well, my boys told me it was time to have church and we were gonna do it right now! Ryan came walking in with his bible, and in his church clothes. How could I say no to that? Charles and I sat down while they went through the order of a service in detail. Do you see the picture of Ryan, as the preacher, and little Ashley sitting in the front with her arm raised while we're singing? Awwwww! Maybe she was the pianist? Kyle, in the dark blue shirt, was the usher. Everyone was totally into the singing and praise. You can see a picture of Kyle with his arms crossed in front of him. He took his job VERY seriously as the usher. He kept hushing any kids who were talking while Ryan was reading from the bible. They even had offering time. I was so proud of them and I love how in the end, everyone was praying during the alter call. It's moments like these that I think "maybe I'm not doing so terrible as a parent after all"? I hope! I always have those nagging thoughts. This was one of the precious moments of just relishing in their sweetness and feeling proud. :D
n

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be proud. That is awesome! And so very sweet.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Aww!! Cute stuff! So precious!

that TOPS lady said...

That is so great! Many kids, if they were told that they would be staying home on a church night, would say "yes! more nintendo time!". :(
You are doing a good job, mama.

Amber said...

You are doing an awesome job Mama! You're the kind of mom other women should model themselves after.