Thursday, July 30, 2009

OB Update and 3D Ultrasound




Today was my 30 week OB visit and I was really looking forward to it because I wanted to talk about my kidneys (I know, who doesn't? ha ha). I don't have the same pain I used to have but sometimes my kidney is still sore. My doctor said that although the kidney infection is gone, it's probably kidney stones I have in there and they won't pass until I have Caleb. The reason is because my stomach is squishing that area and it can't flow properly. She prescribed me these patches for pain. You just put the patch where the pain is. Awesome! Last time I had a baby, I passed several kidney stones at the same time. That was not a fun time. :( On a light note! I got to have another 3D ultrasound and those are just so much fun! The second picture shows Caleb all squished up because you are looking at him from the top of my stomach down. From his feet and legs, down toward his head. The other ones are just all head shots. Oh, I was excited to get weighed today because I wanted to see a change in my weight. Before I had only gained 5lbs this whole pregnancy. I've been able to eat more now. I have to admit, I was a tad worried that all of a sudden I gained a lot. Then part of me thought, "Well, that would be okay. Besides, Big Macs are so yummy." I got on the scale and it said I lost 3lbs since two weeks ago in my last visit! So now I've only gained 2lbs this pregnancy! How odd. She said I'm gaining baby but losing my own weight because Caleb is fine and growing great. Sheesh la weez. Well, that is good news then. This is a fantastic doctor. I'll be going back in two weeks for another ultrasound at 32 weeks. I just love her positive attitude and she's really kept me up beat after everything I went through at the hospital. I told her she was my angel who came and rescued me. An angel wearing a stethoscope. ;)


4 comments:

Chris H said...

Caleb ALREADY looks adorable! The scans are just amazing.

Anonymous said...

Just so happy that you are feeling better and that you have been blessed with an angel (with a stethoscope). The patch sounds like a great idea!! BTW--if you eat Big Macs long enough, you will gain weight (I love them too!). Blessings--Bonnie

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

((hugs)) only a little while to go! Rootin for ya!!

Daddy Forever said...

Those 3D ultrasounds are amazing. I wish we had a 3D ultrasound.