Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Truth About Birth Control



Warning: Please do not continue to read if this is not a subject you like to talk about.  Many women get offended about this.  I've had some people who are curious about it and so I'm just reporting the facts.  I know I just talked about birth control pills the other day jokingly in my post but this is something that I found out about 7 years ago.

If you want to know..... read on.




Several years ago I was talking to my sister-in-law about the pill in general.  She told me that she doesn't believe in it but didn't want to tell me why.  I'm a super curious person so I just had to know.  She warned me that once she told me, it could change my beliefs about it so I had to be sure I wanted to know.  OF COURSE I want to know.  Basically, chemicals like the pill, IUD, Depo-Provera cause abortions really early on in the pregnancy.  If you are like me and you believe life begans at conceptions then this can really hurt your conscience.  My sister-in-law gave me the actual medical report on it. I read it completely and I was extremely shocked to say the least.  I then asked my doctor, and I really had to probe her, and she confirmed it was true.  I have never touched it since.

Well, I'm scared to just have one baby after another even though I believe the bible that children are an inheritance from the Lord.  I'm a chicken pants.  If I were a super mommy, believe me, I would have 20 kids.  I love them like crazy.  Nothing, nothing in this world could replace the treasures God gave me.  Not a career....nothing.  Having said that, I had 3 boys at the time and I was quite hesitant about trying for a girl.  Well now that I no longer believed in the pill, I started to look for other forms of birth control.  The older pills that were more powerful allowed you to ovulate up to 10% of the time.  They rid of that because it was too harmful to women.  The new mini pill that is popular allows you to ovulate 50% of the time but aborts baby early on so you don't carry baby.  Yikes!  So I began to look for other ways. This is what I found:

Breakthrough Ovulation Estimates for other "Birth Control" Methods:

1) Norplant has breakthrough ovulation 50-65% of the time.

2) Depo-Provera has breakthrough ovulation 40-60% of the time.

3) The IUD has breakthrough ovulation 100% of the time. (What???  Wow!)

4) With over 17 million American women using the Pill and other chemical abortifacients, it is estimated that breakthough ovulation and pregnany occurs so often . . . that between 7 to 12 million newly conceived children are killed by chemical abortions in the womb each year. And most of these women never even knew they were pregnant.

You can read more at this Pro Life website for tons of information.  So, finding this out and not really knowing what I was going to do, I became pregnant with baby number 4.  Oh man, she is so cute.  Then baby number 5 and 6.  They are so cute and such blessings from God!  I can't imagine them not being here.  There are no regrets there.  But I can tell you that although it kind of frustrated me having this information in my hands, I know it's only right to pass the information along.  I hate the idea that Satan has this kind of stronghold in our lives and even good Christians are somehow involved unintentionally.  It's not like they post it boldly in waiting rooms of pharmacies. It's not even in small print.  Just brushed under the rug.  It hurts to know I took the pill for the first few years of my marriage.  :(

From Birth Control Advocates


Lawyers from organizations that promote abortion have admitted in print and in legal briefs that these products cause abortions. A Tulane Law School Professor wrote:

...nearly all birth control devices, except the diaphragm and the condom, operate between the time of conception and implantation... (Emphasis added)

Attorney Frank Sussman argued in the U.S. Supreme Court:

...IUDs [and] low dose birth control pills...act as abortifacients

If you read this and you are now mad....

I WARNED YOU

14 comments:

j said...

Very great post. You knew I would LOVE it!!! :) I am putting one together similar. I think Christians need to wake up to this truth especially because if you read the Bible it is WRONG!!!! So do you just not believe the medicine birth control?? Or do you just trust the Lord period??? Just curious I could not really tell. Well great post. My numbers are normal now from my molar preg so that means my body can now getpregnant. I am "suppposed to wait a year" they say but we are gonna trust the Lord instead of them!! :) Pray for us if you think about it, just for health over my womb and that there be a healthy babe inside soon!!!:) You are so sweet and your heart toward your children is a blessing. I love checking in!!!

jessica

Rachael said...

Good for you for posting that!!! I think more women should know that especially with how the medical world pushed them on you!!! We only use "store bought" measures and we know they fail sometimes but if so it means God thought it was time to have another. Once again Brava for posting that!

Virginia Revoir said...

Jessica,

I don't believe in anything that aborts babies in anyway. However, I am not brave enough to just let God decide how many for me. I am truly a chicken pants. I have my hands full with my six. I do Natural Family Planning. I have seriously hyper children LIKE MYSELF. I was a very hyper child growing up. I have some friends that have really calm kids and I think "Man, that would be a little easier for me". I'm surrounded by too much negativity in my life like you wouldn't believe. I don't know how people are able to blow off mean comments but even some of my family don't see my kids because I've had so many. Breaks my heart.

Iccle One said...

Just curious, are there any stats regarding pills that stop the woman ovulating? I know it's not natural for the body but if no egg is released it can't be fertlised and aborted?

Melissa said...

I personally don't like the pill also because it is putting chemical hormones into your body. I can't imagine it is healthy even though "they" say it is. Just one more reason not to take them. This may be TMI, but I've been married 11 years and got pregnant with each of my children when I felt physically and emotionally ready by using condoms as our birth control method. I know they aren't really the "in style" method for married people but I think they are a great alternative to hormones and foreign objects (IUD's) in the body.

Virginia Revoir said...

Hi Anne! :)

There are stats and if you click on the link provided that says Pro-life, I give the link. It says that even on the pill, you do ovulate at least 50% of the time. So therefore the egg can be fertilized. However it will cause your lining to not be able to hold the newly fertilized egg once it comes down and tries to attach.

Virginia Revoir said...

Melissa, I have done that method too. I use that along with tracking my ovulation. The times where I got lazy and didn't do it was how I became pregnant with baby number 4....and....5...and 6... heh heh. So, yeah, if you are faithful though, it definitely works.

Shreyas said...

I admire what you have done here. Good post….thanks for sharing..


Website SEO

Anonymous said...

Wow. I knew taking the pill could be bad if you were ALREADY pregnant, but I didn't realize that you could get pregnant while already on it. I stopped taking it when I started to care about putting hormones and other things into my body. I believe there is also a greater risk of certain cancers.

I also believe that children are a God. My husband isn't a believer, so when I stopped taking the pill, I left birth control up to him. I just went in faith that if many people we know leave the number of children they have up to God, than I can too...and if He doesn't want me to get pregnant, I won't. Well, back in June, we had our anniversary. It was the day after my period, so I probably wouldn't get pregnant, right? Wrong! lol!!! I'm happy, though. Thrilled, actually. =)

Kerrie McLoughlin said...

thanks for writing about this! i'm about to take on gardasil, personally. i'm with you, though. 5 kids is kicking my butt at the age of 38, and having #5 in the nicu really changed me as a person and mother. we use NFP and i use the occassional ovulation predictor stick to try to avoid. i generally don't get my fertility back for a year after having a kid (on my breast all day and night!), but after that I'm fair game. it's hard to leave things in God's hands, i agree. i don't have a good answer! you are so brave. thanks.

Chris H said...

The only sure way to not get pregnant is to not do 'it'! Or get sterilised. FULL STOP END OF STORY.
If you don't do either of those two.. you can expect to have another baby. or 4 or 5 or 6.
Stew was sterilised after we had our 6th baby... and we still got two more. TYPICAL. But I believe they were meant to come to us.

Unknown said...

After several years on birth control(depo,pills) I went totally off of everything and 2 years later I still was not pregnant. Finally found a doctor that would find out why and got put on a type of fertility drug. A couple months later I was pregnant. 2 more years of no bc and meds again got pg and miscarried. 4 months later more meds and pg. This went on one more time with the meds. Then after my 4th child was born. We still were not preventing a pregnancy and when he was 18 months old I found out I was pg without any meds! TOTAL SHOCK!! When that one was 21months I m/c again. 1 months later I got pg with my Just turned ONE yr old!!! I am truely a BLESSED WOMAN!!

Jennifer said...

After several years on birth control(depo,pills) I went totally off of everything and 2 years later I still was not pregnant. Finally found a doctor that would find out why and got put on a type of fertility drug. A couple months later I was pregnant. 2 more years of no bc and meds again got pg and miscarried. 4 months later more meds and pg. This went on one more time with the meds. Then after my 4th child was born. We still were not preventing a pregnancy and when he was 18 months old I found out I was pg without any meds! TOTAL SHOCK!! When that one was 21months I m/c again. 1 months later I got pg with my Just turned ONE yr old!!! I am truely a BLESSED WOMAN!!

Virginia Revoir said...

Wow, that is amazing, Jennifer!