Monday, December 21, 2009

Going Rogue



Going Rogue by Sarah Palin was one of the best books I've ever read.  She really shocked me.  Media said so much garbage against her and they tried really, really hard to make her look like she didn't know anything and had no right to be running for VP.  Man, if she took the same ideas that she implemented in Alaska and did it for America, it would be awesome.  This book answers many questions that were important for me.

1.) What did she do for Alaska while Governor?
2.) What are her family values?  How well is she able to juggle politics, marriage, children, etc.?
3.) What about all the things the media spewed out about her?  What's the truth?
4.) Why did she step away from Governor after running for VP?
5.) What's her next plans?

I also enjoyed reading her history and how she came about to be in politics.  I love how down to earth she is and I really enjoyed reading her journey in running for vice president.  She even talks about finding out she's pregnant and her reaction to finding out she was going to have a down syndrome baby.  Did you know that 90% of down syndrome kids are aborted?  Media spewed so much garbage and twisted so many things about her. Sadly, but not surprising, people bought into all the lies as usual.  Another reason why I never listen to biased news media.  You can't get a true and straight story from them.  One quote she said in the book really, really touched my heart and I'd love to share it with you. 

Criticism is something we can avoid by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. -Aristotle

I can't tell you how much that spoke to me.  Sadly, I get criticism at times because I'm married with six children.  Some people just can't imagine how I can enjoy living my life with little ones around me.  They assume because they wouldn't like it, that everyone else must feel the same way.  I got criticized for marrying at 19 years old, I got criticized for getting pregnant by the age of 20.  Then for having them so close together. Then because I had 3 kids and it's so unfair to the others.  Then I got criticized for not having the perfect kept house.  For being a Christian.  For being too much a Jesus fanatic.  For not having a TV.  For not traveling with them enough.  For not making enough money to have so many.  On and on and on.  I could just hide in my house.  Never get out or go anywhere. Never speak from my heart.  Never try to truly live my life for Christ, which by the way.... the most criticism I get is from people who say they love God.  (I once heard someone say a fanatic is someone who loves Jesus more than you. :D )  I could never share my faith because I would be worried about "pushing it in their face".  Seriously, eternity is a long time.  Can you imagine standing before God and having that explanation as to why you didn't share your faith with your mom, your brother, you cousin, your teacher, your classmate?  Because it's my personal business and I'd rather just let my light shine.  I'm so, so, so glad that Jesus ministered to many instead of sitting in his carpentry shop just letting his light shine.  I don't want to hide in a hole just because I don't want to receive criticism anymore.  Someone close to me recently told me, "why don't you stop popping out babies and go get a job?"  It was like saying, "how could you possibly find any value in God's creation?  In that little soul?  How can you possibly want children over money?  What value is that?"  Well, to me, comparing money to a child is like comparing a plastic ring to a the read thing (gold).  You just can't compare.  Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

It is better to use things and love people rather than to use people and love things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this and I agree with you 100%. Hang in there!! =D