Tuesday, September 08, 2009

36 Week Update

Today I went to my 36 week check-up and a weigh in. Yipee! Everyone woman loves a weigh in! Ha ha. I drove there anticipating my exam (not!) and wondering what my doctor was going to say. I have not had any contractions or even any Braxton Hicks for that matter! I was only dilated to a one which I told her I was not surprised. She asked if I wanted to be induced one week early. Nope. I NEED the element of surprise. I crave it! I did the induction thing once. How boring! I must have been pretty desperate. Besides, I'm enjoying this pregnancy and I feel GREAT! Nothing hurts, nothing is uncomfortable, no swelling. I just feel fantastic. So as I walked down the hallway to the room, the only thing I was dreading was the weigh in. I stepped on that LARGE looming scale. I didn't want to look down but I did. Oh, I couldn't see anything. My belly was in the way. So I tipped slightly, hoping I wouldn't be like a tipping canoe. I gained 3lbs. Yikes! I couldn't believe it. That means I've gained 4lbs this pregnancy. I should count my blessings! One time I gave my friend a hard time about gaining 7lbs in two weeks and then at my very next appointment, I found out I did the same thing. Ha ha! That's what I get for teasing her. I just think I have a fear of scales. After we discussed issues of induction, I left and drove the LONG drive back to my house. I drive far for this awesomely beautiful angel for a doctor. She asked me if I was all set. House wise and packing wise. Nope. I have a whole list of things. I have to get my kid's bags packed for the house they are staying at. My good friends will be caring for my five kiddos! Wow! Bless her amazing heart. I'm so very glad I won't be delivering this little pumpkin with five kids in the room watching like my friend had to. She had all her four kids in the room because she had no sitter! :D It's just called procrastination on my part. I hadn't thought about it till now. It's all taken care of though. So I'll be delivering little Caleb without a cheering section of little guys. Either that or a grossed out section with kids having nightmares later. I'm just glad it's working out.

9 comments:

Tereza said...

I would never give birth with children watching!!! That would be aweful!
did you say you gained 4 pounds only this pregnancy?or did I read that wrong?
You look great!

Anonymous said...

Yea, I can gain 4 lbs on a bad week and I'm not even pregnant. What did they ever say about the sugar test?

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

It's not procrastination. It's being practical. I can't tell you how people can suddenly get different plans right at the last minute (yikes!). Better to wait until closer to the time so people don't suddenly realize they want a vacation during your due week.

The K Family said...

4lbs?? That's it? Please share your secret!!

Virginia Revoir said...

I don't have a secret. :) I have NO idea why! My first pregnancy I gained 32lb. It just goes down with each baby. My last baby I gained 15lbs. I eat normal so I really don't know. As long as baby is healthy. :D

Daddy Forever said...

I don't think my wife want to hear you're having an easy pregancy and have only gained four pounds.

Virginia Revoir said...

Bonnnie, I meant to tell you that I passed that 3 hours sugar test. It actually took 4 hours total. Yikes. Talk about boring.

You are right Mrs. C. I've never been like that. My word is my bond. I wouldn't even turn down a mom of ten if she had no one to help out. What's wrong with stepping out and helping others? I know it's hard but everyone needs someone like that.

Daddy forever: Just tell your wife she should appreciate you. Tell her you found out that Viginia's husband starves her and makes her memorize a whole chapter in the bible every evening. If she can't then no dinner. I haven't eaten dinner since last week.

Chris H said...

You are looking fantastic for 36 weeks! And I reckon you will go over your due date!

Morgan said...

4lbs, wow. And you still look so thin (minus the pregnant belly).

How exciting that you are so close to having your new baby!!!