Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #9



Thirteen Reasons I feel so incredibly lucky to be a Homemaker

(Sometimes I like to remind myself!) Now remember, I'm not going to make any mention of the blood, sweat, and tears it takes being a SAHM of 4 (or if you have 2). This is only a positive TT today! :)





1. I get to stand out with the boys at their bus stop and wave goodbye to them.

2. After I wave goodbye to the 2 different buses, I get to walk my husband to his car and blow him a kiss.

3. After he leaves, I slowly walk back into the house with a smile on my face while I sip coffee and go get my bible.

4. On the days I'm not teaching at Scottsdale Bible I get to just hang around my little ones and play with them.

5. I can clean with only half the kids at home therefore less interventions I have to make. (Except for this morning when my 3 year old flooded the bathroom).

6. I can make a hot lunch for my husband and visit with him because he comes home everyday on his lunch break to be with us. The guys are jealous at his job. Sometimes they ask him, "So what did you eat today?"

7. After he leaves I can either nap with my kids or get some cleaning done while they are sleeping. And believe me, when Ivy goes down for a nap, I am jumping for joy. She gets into everything.

8. I get to be with my little girl when she wakes up from her nap and give her kisses and snuggles while she's still yawning.

9. I get to welcome my son's school buses as each one comes and then go over their work with them. Then I ask them about their day and I get to have the pleasure of sharing that with them!

10. As a homemaker my only boss is Charles so I don't have to worry about someone who is going to fire me or be demanding! Whoo, hoo!

11. I have the choice of either working or going somewhere fun off the cuff because I don't have to worry about "getting hours in".

12. I don't have a schedule to live by because I can change it each day. I don't have invoices to fill anymore, or CEO's to sale software to, or attend meetings. Or answer the phone with a long "Thankyou for calling TTI, how may I direct your call?". I can just say hello when the phone rings or not answer at all.

13. And best of all, I don't have to miss any moments with my kids and I can attend their school plays, or attend a meeting at their school, or chaperone a field trip. I'm free to be "just me" all day long. (Then hopefully take a shower at the end of the day!) Hee,hee.....



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list! I am thanful also to be a stay-at-home mom!

Anonymous said...

I sometimes miss being in the "working world"--or at least talking to grown ups instead of little people all day :-)

But we are so, so lucky to be able to spend so much time with our children and build such strong bonds with them -- I would never give it up!

Great list--thanks for reminding me of my own blessings!

Heather said...

Great list. I have recently started working once a week for a friend who needed some help. Even at that I miss my stay at home days. I do so loe being home and watching my children grow (we homeschool). What an amazing blessing.

Anonymous said...

It's not always easy ~ but you know that more than I do ~ but it is rewarding to be able to say I spent the whole day being a mommy and doing the mommy thing.

I totally hear you on the shower thing, though. I'm on my way asap!

Happy Thursday!

Tug said...

You are very lucky...enjoy!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, should I just drop my degree and get married? Just kidding. :) Thanks for dropping by!

Colleen said...

Sounds like you are someone that just really enjoys being a mum. Good stuff.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Great list :-)

betsy said...

it is so lovely that you don't take this for granted!

great list and great reminders of what is a privelege about staying home!

happy thursday

Anonymous said...

I felt very blessed to be able to stay home too; enjoy the time!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I LOVE being a homemaker! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful duty! Great list! I especially agree with the "no schedule" part!!

Gattina said...

Rough day so, lol !

Happy TT !

Crayonsetc said...

It is so nice when we can remind ourselves of the good that comes with being able to stay home!! (granted, I am working 3 mornings a week now... but dd is in school fulltime)

Happy TT!!

therapydoc said...

Jenny,
I'm so glad I stumbled on this blog. It was really uplifting following my accidental visits to unbelievably, shall we say, uncouth? blogs and was beginning to wonder when I'd find a nice neighborhood. Thanks for being you, Linda (Therapy Doc)

Anonymous said...

I loved being home with my kids, too! But, I had to drive them to school, since we were not on the bus line of the school district. Anyway,it was great!

My TT is up.

Anonymous said...

I'm in heaven when I'm with my granddaughter.

Love your list.

I linked to you from TT -13 reasons you know it's 2006

Just D said...

YOU reminded ME of my luckiness too! Thank you!

-atomik kitten said...

I used to love making a hot lunch for my husband. Both of our children are in school. The good news is (kind of good but really, it's too early) that I get to stay with them at the bus stop since the bus runs in about 30 minutes from now (it runs about 6:35). Then I head off to work.

Carmen said...

I'm glad you get to stay home with your kids, and that you enjoy it. :)

Anonymous said...

Judging from that list, you are very fortunate, indeed.

Actually, it was one of my goals to be the 'househusband', but alas...

Anonymous said...

you ARE incredibly lucky.
as a working mom, i'm envious of many of those things!

Mama Duck said...

What a sweet list. Sometimes it isn't always that great, but it's nice to have this list to view at times such as that, eh? ;)

Bubba said...

Great list! I know hidden in there is a lot of hard work, but it sounds like He has really blessed your family. May that always continue.

Waving hello from Chandler, and wishing God's continued blessings on you and your family.
Bubba

Wifey said...

Great list! I'm a SAHM, too, and I can relate to so much you wrote, especially #5. Happy Thursday!

Uisce said...

A nap... I sure could use a nap!!

Measi said...

Great list! Although I work, I hope that my fiance and I will be able to arrange for me to be a SAHM if we have children in the future. Plus, I do get sick of having to play catch-up on the chores over the weekend! MY T13 is up. Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Great list, and I agree, it's a wonderful job. Good boss benefits, too, how wonderful that your hubby can come home for lunch everyday :)

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

LOL! My 21 mo old managed to flood the bathroom today too! He decided to help me clean, I think!! I found the bowl brush shoved so far down the toilet it flooded when he flushed!

Happy TT and happy homemaking, we all need those reminders!

Unknown said...

I loved #1 the best when I was home. I just returned to work this week, only working 3 hours a day. I still get to see the older 2 off in the morning and see them all come off the bus in the afternoon. This is just temporary though... I can't wait to be home full time again.

p.s. we have quite a few friends who pastor in South Africa! Our church is affiliated with a group from SA.

Anonymous said...

it's the small things like this list that completes a SAHM! let us count our blessings that we are able to spend as much time as we wanted with our family!

hopping from TT.

Frances D said...

It was nice to read your positive 13 after my morning.
Blessing to you and your family,
Frances

Domestic CEO said...

Thanks for reminding me to look at the positives of being able to stay home with my kids. It is a blessing for all of us in my family that I can!

Pfingston said...

You are so right, sometimes we do need a reminder! Nice list!

Meira{FB} said...

It's so wonderful you get to stay home with your children! Enjoy every moment!

Lisa said...

What a wonderful life you've created! I know it's a happy one. :)

Thanks for stopping by Snarkypants and cheering me up over my lame post! :)

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

It's awesome that you're there for your family. My mother was a SAHM and I always felt bad for my friends that didn't have their mothers at home after school.

Happy TT!

Susan said...

Great list. I have been both a working Mom and a stay at home Mom...both have rewards.

My TT is up, too!!

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Being a homemaker is the best of all jobs in my opinion. You're doing great at it!

Happy weekend!