Monday, September 11, 2006

Chaz's School


Sorry, it's been awhile since I last posted. It's been so busy around here with appointments and such. I've been a little frustrated because Chaz's school called me the other day and told me Chaz isn't doing well in school and they tested him to see if he's ready for first grade and he's not. I said, "Yea, that's why I asked you to have him repeat Kindergarten." They told me that there must've been a miscommunication between the doctors and the special education leaders because the class that Chaz needs is not at that school. He needs the Kindergarten version (which is what I told them), yet they put him in a special education class with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders all together. No wonder why he's so lost and struggling in his class. I knew something was up when he was bringing home 1st grade homework. That's when I called the school and wanted to know what was going on. If he's on an IEP plan then they would do work at his level. So, now I have a meeting at the new school he will be attending on Friday. This time I told them when I wanted to meet so that I could go without my children. I want there to be clear communication with no distractions. I was a little disappointed that they made that mistake because Chaz cannot handle change very well. This will be his 5th school because of everything he's gone through. He's only 6 years old. The sad thing is that when my house is finally done, we will be permanently moving and putting him in the school where he will stay. That will be another change for him to get used to. It most likely will be a private school that specifically works with Aspergers. Anyhow, please keep us in your prayers. I need to find answers for Chaz and I am currently trying to find a good support group so I can glean ideas from others. I hope you have a great Monday! :)

No comments: