Saturday, May 24, 2008

God's Grace Reminded To Me...

Note: Please turn off music player in sidebar (under Profile) to view this video.

This last month I have definitely gone through a trial, a really rough time. At times I asked God, "Do you hear me?". Yesterday I was alone in my room, just laying on my bed and my heart was heavy. I have so much burdens on my plate. Just different things going on. I have tried so hard to be a godly wife, godly mom, godly friend. Yet it seems that I am constantly pushed against. Over time, unkind words spoken from people you care about, can weigh you down. Tug heavy on your heart. I know, I know that they say "water off a ducks back". It is not that way for me. Once I make a friend, they are my friend for life. It is very hard to cut people off, either because they continually tempt you down a wrong path, or continually find ways to cut you down. Then I am forced to. My heart breaks in the process. I am not a fair weather friend. I will fight for you to make it. In the last month, I have had such a heavy heart. For friends, for family. These people mean so much to me and I love them. That is just one of the trials in my life right now. And so.... I sat in my dark garage the other night, just watching the rain through the windows. Just wanting to hear the quiet. Then I laid awake in my dark bedroom while my children were sleeping. I asked God, "Do you hear me? How come you won't talk to me? Do you see my fear? My sadness? Are you there? God, I am so weak. I have cried so many tears!" As I thought those very thoughts. My husband came walking in, him thinking I was asleep, quietly turned on his little alarm radio to test the volume for the music to turn on in the morning to wake him up. Just as I finished those thoughts, this is the song that played. It spoke to my heart and I smiled in the dark. Thank you, God, for reminding me that you are there and you collect every teardrop.

Peace Be Still
.
Come to me
You who are weak
Let my strength be yours tonight
Come and rest
Let my love
Be your bed
Let my heart be yours tonight
(Chorus)
Peace be still
Peace be still
Please be still
And know that I am God
And know that I am God
.
Come empty cup
Let me fill you up
I'll decend on you
like a dove tonight
Lift your head
Let your eyes fall into mine
Let your fear subside tonight
(Chorus)
Peace be still
Peace be still
Please be still
And know that I am God
And know that I am God

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hang in there, Virginia. It's hard to cut off friendships and move on sometimes. Just different seasons in your life. Next season may be very different! Perhaps this empty spot is prepared for more godly friends, encouragement, etc. I know Patrick has had to cull "friends" out in the past, but the ones he has now are wonderful and moral even if they aren't Christian.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
As I read your message about your dispair. I thought about how Jesus had experienced the ultimate , as far as betrayel, etc. At times when I'm in the Valley, one thing that helps me get a better perspective, is thinking about how Jesus was perfect and even thou He was, He was treated like garbage. And that this life is like a vapore and because it's temporary, and Heaven is eternal, I just have to overcome.
When we choose to stand for what is right( and I'm glad I did!!), some people will disagree or just not understand. But that's okay, doing right in God's eyes is more important to Me.
God was pleased when His Son sacrificed His life, and so if we are living sacrifices , Holy and acceptable to Him. What can be more Exciting!!!
The Joy of the Lord, is our Strength!!!
I can't wait to See My Savior Face to Face. :)
You know that your Mother has seen Friends come and seen them go.. But Jesus is the friend, that sticks closer than a Brother!! or fill in the blank_________.(Sister,old friend,relative,parents,etc.)
It is very painfull, when we are dissapointed about how some relationships turn out... But if people turn their back on you, their is a ole saying(with friends like that, who needs enemy's!!!)

I'm glad that God gave you that song, He always comes through.
when Jesus was brutilly crucified, He said to His Father... Father God forgive them, for they know not what they do.
If I remember that, it helps me deal with the pain, of disapointment.
And you know me Jen! I have delt with it much!! God only knows...

Anonymous said...

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=eff7998b57f730c10dd8

This song is comforting... Love, Mom