Friday, May 30, 2008

10 Year Reflection






I was looking back in some of my old photo albums and I saw these pictures. I realized that it has been 10 years since these pictures were taken for my 18th birthday. Wow! How much has changed! There is a sadness when I look back because that day in my life, when I turned 18, was a very heart breaking day for me and I tried to mask it for everyone there. I can't go into it but my life was just not going the way I had thought it would and I had such a hopelessness there. Such a despair and sadness. I thought things would be so different. You always think, "It'll be so great when I turn 18"! That day was bittersweet for me. I wasn't sure if I was ready to go on. All on my own. 10 years have passed and I see now how much has changed. Things went bad from there, in June of 1997, until I met Charles that October. Then my life slowly turned around. He became my friend, someone I could talk to, share my dreams with. He was just THERE. I eventually cut it off(stupidly) with him and went off to do my own thing. I moved out and kept things cool from him. Thankfully, he respected me and was still a friend. Things went downhill real fast when I turned 19. Finally one day, I gave my heart back to Christ. It was like I woke up from a bad dream. My mind could think clearly again. I moved out of my dumb little apartment and back with my parents. Went back to church and I decided to totally give my life to God! Soon after Charles and I picked up our friendship again. A few months later we were married! It's now been 10 years and so much has happened. This December we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and we have 5 children together. This past decade has been such a life changing event. What will the next 10 years be???

P.S. So much more happened in this story, heartbreaking things. But it is for me to know! LOL! :P

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

You are still as beautiful as ever, Virginia. I am with you on the idea that not everyone needs to read *all* our mistakes. Aren't you glad that Jesus promises forgiveness for sins? Me too.

And I'm glad your broken heart is mended and you are the mother of many children. What a blessing you are! Loved this post.

Anonymous said...

Jen, Your Parents are very proud of you! And we enjoy each of our Grandchildren (11,including 5 of yours). Keep up the Good work!!!
Love, Dad and Mom
ps- We are proud of Charles too! The son we gained, when you married.