Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer Stress and Fun

Life has been good!  It has its ups and downs.  Right now, my husband just finished his last day of work and is currently looking for work.  Yikes!  Yep, that means NO PAY.  You bet I am nervous.  Everyday him and I are looking for work together.  I'm not looking for myself, just helping him.  His field of work is soooooo slow that everywhere he calls they aren't hiring.  So now we are looking outside of his field (which is Engineering).  He said he so wishes he had gone to school to be a programmer instead because they are doing better right now.  We even discussed him going back to school so he can work in that field.  We will see.  It would be really hard for awhile but in the long run it could provide more stability when the economy goes down like this.  Goodness, I hope we can find work and soon.  Please pray!



Life has been good in the sense that my kids are healthy and we are adoring Juliet!  With my last baby our crib broke when Ryan crawled in to read a book to Caleb.  He had been doing that for awhile but as he got bigger, the crib finally gave way.  Now he knows, no more crawling into the crib to read with little ones.  LOL.  Juliet has a gorgeous new crib and we decided to set it up in our bedroom.  We don't want any little ones crawling in so we figured it's safer for her first year.  After she turns a year we'll move her in with her big sisters.  They are excited and that also means they'll get the bigger bedroom that is now the playroom.  

Yesterday we took the kids to the mall and Charles was so proud to walk with us.  He's usually shy and doesn't like people staring at us.  He's finally starting to not care and just enjoy our time out.  People will stare when you are a larger family and we just have to get used to it.  I could help but chuckle when I was coming back from getting a coffee and I saw Charles and the kids heading towards me.  They looked like this large group laughing and chatting.  I was like, "whoa, that's a big family."  Soooooo cute.  Even recently Charles has been telling people who comment on his family size that he loves all his kids and enjoys every single one of them.  He said he couldn't imagine life without any of them.  That makes me smile because for awhile there he had a hard time with people's rude comments.

6 comments:

Kerrie McLoughlin said...

Solution: move to a place where people have lots of kids, like Salt Lake City ... at the zoo today we were not a freak show! Also, praying for the job situation with your husband. We are going through some stuff, as well ... jumping through hoops and things keep coming at us that threaten us being a family but of course we need the money. But how badly? Can we survive on my $6,000 per year I make as a freelance writer??? hahahahaha! Hope he finds work soon! Tell him don't give in to the traveling temptation .. it's not worth it.

Virginia Revoir said...

We are going to the zoo tomorrow and I'm excited because it's truly where kids can be kids. They can be loud and run around. That's why we have a membership there. My husband did get an offer to move out of state for the summer and make $30,000. We turned it down because we knew it wasn't a good idea for him to be gone so long.

Lisa said...

Just a thought on looking for work: Every county in the U.S. has what they call a "one-stop" workforce center. This is a place you can go where multiple government agencies and non-profits work together to provide training and employment services. You can find one near you by going to www.servicelocator.org and putting in your zip code. I work at the one-stop in my county. Services vary from place to place but you never know if they might have something that could help your husband!

Virginia Revoir said...

Thank you, Lisa! I will share this with my husband.

Kim Chrisman said...

Move to Oklahoma!! We have plenty of oil companies looking for engineers. The cost of living is low, the people are very friendly, and we love big families:))

Your little one is so very precious and beautiful! You are truly blessed

Blessings
Kim chrisman

Zsuzsanna said...

Congratulations on the birth of baby Juliet! What a precious little doll - she looks really mellow, is that how she is?

I will pray for your husband's work situation. That must be stressful for both of you.