Tuesday, May 08, 2012

38 Weeks Pregnant and Organizing

360283_ABCMouse.com-Free Learning Activities-First Month Free-Click Here!

Cervical Ripening Balloon
Read about it HERE
At my 38 week appointment yesterday they stripped my membranes.  I wasn't dilated but she did make me a one.  I told her I'm seriously not in a hurry to go into labor (still can't believe I'm saying that.)  I'm not having any contractions at all or even braxton hicks.  Juliet is not even in a hurry.  We knew stripping my membranes wouldn't put me in labor, it would just help my body start to get ready (which is good).  So then my doctor asked if I wanted to get the balloon again sometime next week right before my due date.  Sigh.  I really want to go on my own so I haven't really wanted to think about it.  I told her for sure I don't want to go into labor on my sister's birthday and also it would be a Monday.  I picked Thursday which is 4 days before my due date (to get the balloon).  Forget Pitocin, the balloon puts you into labor SO FAST.  I really didn't believe the doctor last time when she told me to go straight home and get ready.  Yeeeeah..... that thing works.  I was completely unprepared and started serious labor while driving.  In fact, by the time I got to the hospital I had one from a 1 cm dilated to a 5.  Anyway, I told her I would think about it.

I'm about to start a semi-big project in the house to organize a bit more than I did last time. We even took this week off from homeschooling so we could focus on it. The kids thought it meant video games all day.  Daddy quickly caught on and told the boys it's to work with mommy on organizing their areas in the house.  Thank you, daddy.  :D  I really don't want to worry about much housework when Juliet comes.  


I'm dealing with a poopy puppy and being I've never been great at house training animals, he's giving me work for sure.  Since he's my dog I have to take care of his mess.  Usually after I throw up for about 15 minutes then I'm able to handle cleaning it up.  LOL.  Well, a friend gave me some fantastic pointers yesterday on training Max (full name Maximus) so I'm implementing them today. Max is such a cuddly dog and he's worth the extra work for sure.  He favors Ivy a lot and always wants to sleep next to her.

3 comments:

Ellen Ross | Ask Away Blog said...

what kind o f food do u feedm max. try blue buffalo - an all natural food. my pups are never sick anymore

Virginia Revoir said...

Hi Ellen! He's not really pooping a lot. He poops normal amounts. It's just me that gets sick being pregnant and having to clean it up. Yuck! :P

Zion said...

I've never even heard of the balloon. I'm with you on allowing your body to go on it's own. If you are a week and a half overdue then start talking about intervention. That's my take on it by I'm conservative in this area.