Monday, May 14, 2012

39 Weeks Pregnant and Walking Like an Old Lady

Soooo, the time is finally here.  Baby is coming and my six kids are counting down every single day that is left.  I hear them talk about it in their bedroom in whispers.  It's so cute.  Well, I will be going in for my final appointment on Wednesday and getting the balloon.  I'm super nervous since it dilates me so fast and can be pretty painful when it does it's work.  I'm not in a hurry still to have her but I have to say I'll be happy not to be throwing up and breathing in acid in the middle of the night. Last night I had to sit straight up in bed but when I would doze off I would start choking because I breathed in acid.  It hurts so bad and takes a long time to cough it out.  Then I would fall asleep again and immediately the same thing would happen.  It kept happening so many times I just finally pried my eyes open and stayed awake till my body calmed down and I could sleep.  I guess it was around 4:30am that I could fall asleep.  I'm not too freaked out about losing sleep since newborns cause mommies to lose sleep also.  :D  I'd have to say this is the first time that once I've sat down for too long or got up from sleeping, it takes about 10 minutes of walking for all the body aches to go away.  I chuckle about it because I look like a old lady trying to get up.  However, this has been a FANTASTIC pregnancy compared to all my others.  No bed rest, no being hospitalized because of kidney problems, no medications to keep baby in.  It's been WONDERFUL.  

Mother's Day:
I did absolutely no work on Mother's Day.  Just sat and smiled watching my family play!

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day.  It was not expensive whatsoever.  In fact, my hubby made us lunch, cleaned up the kitchen, and did dishes.  I didn't even know he knew how to operate the dishwasher!  I'm a super traditional homemaker who never asks my husband to do any housework since he's the provider.  So believe me, when he changes a diaper or does something special like wash dishes yesterday, it gives me a HUGE smile.  He wouldn't even let me get a cup of coffee for myself yesterday.  Even though he always makes my coffee wrong, I looooove the gesture.  I just have to sneak in the kitchen and fix it the way I like when he's not looking.  Tee hee...


So on Saturday we changed our access to the internet.  No one can just go on the internet and go wherever they want.  Even though we have Safe Eyes, we still felt like we could be more protected.  Instead, we decide safe places we can go and they can only go there.  So basically everything is blocked except for a small list of places I decided are safe.  I feel a lot better about this and the kids are finding tons of places to play games.  A lot of online gaming has open chat and that's not good for kids.  Especially because half the time the chatting is foul language and who knows what else.  We don't have any video game systems in the house.  There is nothing wrong with them in of itself, it's just that it kills me to see my kids obsessed with that and doing nothing else.  Homeschool is like pulling teeth when we have the systems and they rarely play together.  I've tried soooo many times to have game systems and it just seems to mess up the unity my kids have together otherwise.  Sigh. I have to admit, I miss my Mario Brothers game.  LOL.  


360283_ABCMouse.com-Free Learning Activities-First Month Free-Click Here!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I have never heard of the 'balloon' method of bringing on a baby!
I hope it works for you without too much pain.
Acid relux, yep know all about that! It really is awful.

Unknown said...

I am sorry I haven't been commenting!! I still read, just find it hard to sit down and comment every time I read a post. :)

I hope all goes will with your induction...I have been a bit curious as to why your doctor has been pushing for you to have the baby before your due date? If it was me (and please, this is just ME talking here), I would tell the doctor to just leave it be and let me go on my own. ALL babies do come out eventually. LOL! :)

Anyway, I do hope all goes well. Please let us know when baby Juliet makes her grand appearance and ENJOY every minute of it! :)