Friday, March 23, 2012

Has Michelle Duggar Ever Experienced Postpartum Depression?

360283_ABCMouse.com-Free Learning Activities-First Month Free-Click Here!

My firstborn Chaz
I've been hearing some mommies talk about experiencing postpartum depression and feeling alone. It makes me sad because I know exactly what that feels like and very much went through it alone with my first child. I had never heard of it and had it so bad.  I really needed help but not a lot you can do when you've never heard of it before and you are afraid to tell anyone.  I would sit in our apartment while my husband was at work and the most horrible thoughts would go through my head.  Through encouragement from my husband somehow I got through it but it wasn't overnight.   Not only was I very alone in trying to figure out how to take care of a new baby, but there were major hormonal factors having a play in my body and mind also.  Now, when I see a new mom and she has the wild look in her eyes, I HAVE to walk over and encourage them.  I know that look from a mile away.  Of course postpartum depression doesn't happen to the mom with only her first baby, it can be with the 4th baby and happen more than once.  It's really tough.  I hope most people know not to judge moms like this as they often just need either a friend to help them through or help from a doctor.

Anyhow, here is a great article from Michelle Duggar.  Yes, she's experienced it too.  ;)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

My hand is raised here. My first baby was soooo colicky and our first week home I was recovering from a c-section, caring for a new baby and feeling so strange with this new little person to care for after only having hubby and I to take care of. It was HARD. I cried ALOT (for no apparent reason, I suppose). Nice to know that even Michelle experienced the same thing. :) That was a great article! Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend. :)

Virginia Revoir said...

I cried a lot too with my first one. I mean, I just balled. I had no idea what I was in for but eventually I grew up. However, I didn't know I also had post partum depression and never heard of it. It's not easy at all when there is little to no support. Now I so want to be there for mommies going through this. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Virginia Revoir said...

I cried a lot too with my first one. I mean, I just balled. I had no idea what I was in for but eventually I grew up. However, I didn't know I also had post partum depression and never heard of it. It's not easy at all when there is little to no support. Now I so want to be there for mommies going through this. It's nothing to be ashamed of.