Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Perfect Woman... Ahem

Have you ever felt like your days are so busy you can't keep up sometimes?  Or that you can focus on one thing but then something else might suffer?  That's how I feel at times.  I might do great at homeschooling, cooking dinner, being with the kids.... but then majorly lacking on my laundry.  Or I'll be doing great on the laundry but then my kitchen needs some good sanitizing. Or the floor is crying for a good mopping.  SOME DAY I'm going to be a SUPERMOM that can do it ALL!  Seriously.  At least maybe I can pray for it.  Hope for it.  LOL.  I'm learning, trying really hard at least, to stop worrying about doing it all.  Being the perfect woman.  Do I need to wake up earlier?  Go to bed later?  What is it?  I ENJOY my work at home.  I wouldn't trade it for a career life in a million years.  There is no pay that can be better than being here at home.  I do what I love and I love what I do. 

I said all of that to say this..... I need to find a loose schedule that I can follow everyday.  Sometimes I try one but I'm such a free spirit (or a schedule rebel) that I tend to purposefully fight against it.  I don't like tight schedules.  They feel constricting.  I like to have a loose schedule and that's what I'm working on right now.  I'm noting what we do at certain times and then trying to figure out how to fit it all in but without being majorly constricting.  I want to have fun with my kids.  Take care of my family.  Not be a drill instructor. 

My kids do have a lot of fun and they are playing together outside right now. Thank goodness I have a big backyard!  They have it good.  I tell them all the time.  They don't have to school all day in a classroom and then come home and do homework before having dinner and then going to bed.  They have the sweet life.  :D 

1 comment:

Chris H said...

If there is such as thing as 'The Pefect Woman' I'd like to meet her!