Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kid's Week Off... Party Time!





On Monday, I woke up, grabbed my coffee and walked into the living room to start my day with the kids. My husband said, "What are you doing?" I told him we were starting our day homeschooling. He said, "On my week off?" Ummm... so we took the week off. As you can see in the pics of Kyle doing a workbook last week, he is so happy to not being working on it at all this week. Sometimes I wonder how they are able to concentrate when they hear their siblings in the other room doing something really fun like trying to figure out how to make a slide from the top bunk in their room. (I'm still trying to figure out which little kid found the stapler and put about 100 staples in their wall by their bed....hmmm... well, it's in the girl's room so most likely it was princess #1. Ivy is a suspect so far).
Tonight my husband took my two older boys to Howie's Game Shack for a late nighter. We don't have games at home anymore so Charles takes them out to play games every now and then. It's so late yet I know Chaz and Ryan are in heaven. Since the younger four kids (dang, did I just say that?) were at home with me, I did special things for them. Every now and then Ivy would check out the window to see if the boys were back. Then at one point she started crying saying she missed them and missed her daddy. I let them stay up late, gave them a late night snack, candy, even ice cream and now they are asleep on the couch. They said they were gonna wait up but they are both crashed. So cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the beauty of homeschooling! Hey--I have given you a gorgeous blogger award, come by and pick it up.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Aww! I wonder who did the stapler thing?? Did you take a picture?