Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #13



Thirteen Things I've been changing and things I've been longing to change!




1. Okay, so number one was the Xbox. I couldn't stand it because my sons thought about it every waking moment they had. They lived it, breathed it, ate it. I missed them just being boys. So, 2 days ago, I asked a young mom if she wanted it. She was very happy about it. That fixed that problem.

2. I've been meaning to give my boys their chores. So I made a picture chart of their chores today and oh man did it lighten my load. Chaz (who is 6)cleaned the back yard, cleaned the bathroom, and pick up dirty laundry. Ryan (who is 5) cleaned the dining room, mopped the floors and made the beds. Kyle (who is 3) picked up all the toys around the house and put them in the bin. Love it!

3. I have so many stinkin' appts to make that I made a to do list with my wonderful PDA so that my brain doesn't explode. My Homemakers By Choice group teaches us that by writing them down, you take that burden off your brain. It works.

4. Yesterday I hid my husband's computer game. Hee, hee... don't tell him. :D

5. I decided a few years ago that if I was gonna be a married woman that I would want to look nice for my husband and so I would throw away all tshirts in my closet and sweat pants. I only keep nice stuff in my closets. Lessoned #2 learned.... don't just buy clothes because they are a good deal. That one was hard for me. They have to really look good.

6. I really want to teach my kids from on to say "Mr" or "Miss" before someone's first name. Like I would be Miss Virginia to another kid. I don't believe using the last name anymore. That's so long gone I believe.

7. I really need to get brave and cut my husband's hair for him. I am so scared to try. I know I cut my three boy's hair but they have little heads. Maybe I can shave a $ sign and not tell him. Then the next day at work he would get strange looks. J/K. Hee, hee...

8. I need to take my Arbonne University Classes online so I can start selling my product to spas like my friend. I love sales! I also love the product. So, there you go.

9. I need to lose my last 7 lbs. Then I'll be the same weight I was before I had 4 kids. Just 7 more! Come ooooon!

10. I need to get rid of stuff and more stuff. I have lots of family that likes to give stuff. Either I need to learn how to say no or I need to just set it all on fire before it reaches the house.

11.
If you ever get a chance, you need to watch "Unhook the Stars". It'll touch your heart. But not in the way you might think. I warn you though... it'll teach you about appreciating your little ones while they are little. One of the moms in it though can be graphic with her words but the whole point is to see what this little kid goes through. You just have to see. I hug my kids a little more these days. Appreciating them while little. This is something I am working on.

12. I need to get up before 6:30am to read my bible and pray. I used to be able to get up at 7:30am to do that but now that my kids are in school I need that time alone. The Lord is my strength and I can feel it when I have not been walking daily with him and studying His Word.

13. I need to break away from my same group of friends some so I can make new friends and reach out to those that might not have a friend. I want to bring a card to a sad one, or lunch to a busy one, or a Starbucks card to cheer someone up. I need to get my head out of my little cloud and see beyond my own issues. :)

That's it for me today! Thanks for letting me get these things off my chest! Happy TT day!



14 comments:

Gattina said...

He, he, try to cut his hair ! I cut the ear of my son's doing this lol !

Amy said...

I cut my husband's hair. It is scary, but he hasn't ever complained.

Good luck on the seven pounds and the morning prayer!

Anonymous said...

"Stuff" just seems to breed in a corner when you're not looking. No matter how much you give away when you turn around or peek in a closet you find even more!

Happy TT

Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

my but you are gutsy...most of those things require a lot of guts!!! and willpower as welll like the waking up early bit..

Caylynn said...

I couldn't survive without my t-shirts and sweatpants! At night, my husband and I just love curling up together in our sweats and tees. :) Other clothes just aren't comfortable after you've run anywhere from 3 to 20 miles for a training run! Now, I have nice looking sweats and tees - nothing ratty, or with holes. They are nice, nice looking and comfy. And, of course, I only wear them when I'm lounging around the house - I would never wear them out.

Happy T13. :)

Gina said...

Number 4 is a biggie for us. I dislike being called by my first name by children.
Send me some "stuff"! I love to get stuff from family!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm trying to lose about 7 to 10 lbs myself now. I want to weight about 125 by Christmas.

Happy TT! Mine are up!

DigiscrapMom said...

Change is good! Thanks for sharing these changes you wanted to happen or have already happened :)

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to get up early to read my scriptures too. It's been so hard lately.

Anonymous said...

Chore lists are a good thing for any kid! We started that before school this year and it is working great!

K said...

A great list! I need to work on #13 too.

Good luck on working on everything that you want to change!

And the changes that you have made sound good!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great list. I can identify with several of them. I know I need to make a lot of changes as well.

Aleah said...

I've been thinking about #6 also...
and #9 but I'm more like 10 to be back to normal before kids!

Oh yes and #2 too! I started giving chores during the summer but then what happened? I need to start back up. Like you said it will help out (more than I may think)!

Great list!

Anonymous said...

I might need to watch in a mirror now if you ever cut my hair... :)