Monday, July 31, 2006

Romans 6:23

Click on picture if you need view it a little bigger.
Isn't this a great cartoon? I love it! It's a bill of sins and what it comes to in the end. But Jesus said "I'll get this one". He paid the bill for us. With his own blood. Today I have just been in awe of God's mercy. I don't know why I've been thinking about it so much today, but I have. I used to be confused about God's love. Not really understanding Him. It amazes me that no matter what I've done, God could really forgive my sins and wash me white as snow. He casts them into the sea of forgetfulness. As if they never were. The bible even says that God is married to the backslider. Someone who has turned away from God. If God can do that much for me, why can't I do that for others? Why can't I forgive and forget? I can! I've learned what keeps me full of joy, is the act of forgiving others. Not just forgiving, but letting it go. Not reminding them of what they did to me. Just letting go and loving them. Be it a spouse, a friend, or a family member, or even a stranger. Sometimes we forget that God loves even the one we might despise. If God can forgive them, then why can't I? Some things are just not worth holding on to. I've come to terms that no matter a short or how long my life will be, there will be someone that offends me or even betrays me. Once you learn that, you don't feel like the whole world is out to get you! I once had a pastor who told me, "Where there is people, there is problems." You can't have them separately. I thank God, that he has forgiven me, and I in turn can learn to forgive others. Not just to forgive, but to even love them. God is so good. You might even be thinking, "well, how could God forgive what I have done?" Did you know that in Proverbs 6:16-19 it says "These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren
."

Wow! Some things we would think are small, are listed next to murderers! That means, though I may not have committed "huge" sins, I need God's forgiveness just the same. I thank Him that he did just that. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ was perfect and took our punishment. But until we confess our sins and turn from them, we remain unforgiven. And because Jesus forgave me for so much, i am able to forgive others their trespasses. On the other hand, we are not called to be door matts for those who violate us, "which they show no remorse what so ever." We can actually contribute or partake of their sin, by not taking a stand. So there is a balance, which is healthy. The bible says that we should abstain from fellowshipping with a brother that is in error, and is unrepentive. That is real love.....the seperation will cause them to feel the lose of fellowship, which they caused from their repeated and intentional violations. "Stand for nothing and you can fall for anything".
I choose Love.....

Virginia Revoir said...

Thank you for that addition to my post! I totally agree with you 100%. I didn't want to go on and on and make a long post so I didn't go into all that. I wanted to just stay at the basics for those that don't understand. I totally agree with you though. Thank you for that comment!