Thursday, February 25, 2010

This Sounds Like Fun!

Enter the 2010 Next Great Young Chef contest!

My son has done this on his own without me even telling him.  I'm gonna have to put a bug in my kids ears about this one.  This would be so cute to make a video!  It might be even funnier watching what ideas they come up with to make for the video.  LOL.  Kids are so cute and I love seeing the world through their eyes.  Lately I've been trying to slow down and appreciate what's around me like the kids do.  I get so wrapped up in getting another load of laundry done or another room organized.  It seems like life is just passing me by so quickly.  One thing about my husband's grandfather was his patience to teach.  At his funeral, all 10 kids said that he always took the time to show them something when they asked.  If it was how to make bread then he would show them patiently.  If it was how to fix a radiator on a car, he wouldn't care how much longer it took, he would teach them.  I want my kids to say that about me.  It seems like I get caught up in the rush of this life.  I guess that's why I like having a zoo membership and other memberships because it makes me stop and look at nature around me.  I take that whole day off, away from the house, just to play with my kids.  Have some fun with them.

No comments: