Monday, February 08, 2010

Telling People About Jesus

On Saturday, I got up at seven by myself and I met with my dad for breakfast.  I don't get a chance to get out much so I thought I'd ask to meet him.  After we finished eating I asked him if I could go with him to the church outreach.  I hadn't gone in awhile because I wasn't sure if I could keep up while using my double strollers and having all the little ones.  This time I was by myself since Charles was at home with the kids.  After we got there, there was sooo many people that showed up to pass out flyers and tell people about Jesus.  We grabbed our flyers and 3 more people to go with us in our car and meet up with the group at a certain location.  After witnessing for awhile, I notice my friend Deborah, who is 13 having such an open witness with people.  She was using The Way Of The Master technique.  I asked her to remind me about it.  I didn't try it right away but we were there for a couple of hours just going door to door telling people about Jesus.  I was so excited because it had been so long for me!  I love going to church 3 times a week and Bible Study on Fridays, but telling people about Jesus OUTSIDE the four walls of the church was the best thing I have done since I don't know when.  Some people will never set foot in a church.  You could be their only opportunity to hear about Christ.  So, later that day, after I went back home to my family, we left again to the store.  I got out of my van with more flyers and tickets to give out for a drama that was going to be that night.  It was a drama from the previous post I just wrote "Twice Dead."  A true story.  At a grocery store I began to share the gospel with people.  This time I used The Way Of The Master and I was shocked at the openness I was getting with people.  So today after church I went to two more different stores and had the same opportunities.  Wow.  Why would I not want to share Jesus with people who are lost???  It's be like knowing that a bridge is out ahead.  Me, standing there, waving people past with a smile on my face knowing that death is ahead.  Not giving a warning.  Not a care.  Same thing.  Anyway, to my Christian friends, I want to share this with you.  This is an amazing video of Ray Comfort talking a teen about Jesus.  This is the same thing I did and was suprised at how many were open and listened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, powerful video, thanks for sharing!