Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Tidbits



Pic is of Caleb who is 3 months old. 

I FINALLY got to order my son his Switched On Schoolhouse program for third grade.  I'm really happy about that and Chaz is really gonna love me for putting him to work. Ha. 

This week I am watching my friend's daughter and I don't really call it babysitting because she's 12 or 13. I can't remember.  But, she's a great girl, good attitude, and is around helping with the little ones.  I don't really ask for her help but she just automatically does it.  She is so sweet.  Her parents are out of town for a church coneference. 

Tomorrow I start back up at the gym.  I always aim to burn at least 1,000 calories at the minimum and I go at least 4 times a week.  I read recently that obese people have to be at the gym for at least 1 1/2 every day to keep their weight off.  Since I don't really put on weight fast and I need to lose, I figure it's a good rule of thumb for me to do right now.  Especially if I'm really wanting to lose some weight.  Gosh, when I was a teen, I was so skinny that I drank those shakes that they give cancer patients to put on weight.  It never worked for me.  Now it's different after having six kids.  :P

This week I have been doing laundry like a crazy lady.  I'm very backed up so I'm doing at least 5 loads a day which isn't very much.  I've been up as late as 3am folding and putting it all away.  My kids have a TON of clothes!  I mean, I'm picky so they are all really nice. Kyle has at least 80 shirts alone.  He's only six years old.  The girls' closet is packed to the brim. I can't even fit all the boys' pants into their drawers.  It's just crazy.  They are totally blessed, I'm telling you.

It's 12:30am and I'm finally done putting away clothes.  I'm so, so, so tired.  Hope you guys all have a great week!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Good Grief! How on earth do you afford so many clothes?
I had 6 kids in 10 years.. so I do know all about the washing! AND I didn't use disposable nappies until I had my 5th baby! So I did nappies for years too! AND I had 2-3 kids in nappies at the same time. *sigh* I get tired just thinking about how busy I was back then!

Daddy Forever said...

Cute photo of the baby!

When I use to work out at the gym, I hated when working out in January because it was crowded.

Tereza said...

Well good for you for working out...me.I'm still waiting for the blessed day when I get to sleep through the night so I don't have to be a zombie and have energy AND time all together to work out:):):)
I know what you mean about putting on weight easily....that's me...long are the days of eat whatever,whenever,and however much:):)