Monday, January 18, 2010

Making More Messes To Clean

It was one of those days when the kids were bored and they asked if they could break out the paints. Washable paints that is. So I said, "ummmm....awwww....well, sure." I knew what I was getting myself into with all the cleaning. After they got bored of that they turned their painting on each other and decided to have some fun. Being it's washable and since I check the tag on my kids that they are too, I let them go for it. Man, they were busy for hours!   Chaz and Ryan pose with Ashley.  They weren't done with her here but they were proud of their work so far.


My model below (Ivy) will show you how to properly sit still for a face painting.

Kyle actually was to have a lot more to do on him.  The unfortunate part was when it all started to dry, crack, and peel.  Then it got itchy.  For now they are just having a blast.  It's OBVIOUS where we live it's not cold.  This day it was in the 80's.


Chaz put a lot of concentration on making Ashley up.  I'm telling you, I'm so happy for these paints and it washed off everything.  Their clothes washed off great.  Your kids will go nuts doing this.  They were careful too not to get it in the eyes. 


My other model below will show you expert drawings that you could also try on your next victim..er... model.

With 6 kids at home all day and everyday, finding something for them to do outside of homeschooling is great.  Of course I take them places to get them out and learn.  Like field trips and stuff.  The other day we visited the local science museum and stayed for 5 hours!  Phew.  It was so fun.  We also visit the library every Tuesday.  Anyhow, here was art 101.  Haha.  It was a neat day and they seriously were out there till sunset playing with the paints.  After all the baths and tub cleaning (which wasn't too bad), they were all worn out.  I made sure to take their pics so they felt like all their hard work could be looked at later.  :D  By the way.  My kids are involved in an awesome school for homeschooled kids.  It's only once a week but they go for the whole day and get all their extra curricular stuff.  Next year I am going to switch their days to Monday so I can pick which classes they take.  Actually, they'll get to pick.  I'm hoping one of them is band because my grew up learning 5 different instruments and I just love music.  I really think the chess class will be good for Chaz.  I'm hoping Ryan will take drama.  He's the drama king and loves to act.  He's good at it too.  They are begging me for karate but I'm not sure I'm ready for them to be able to kick each other's butt any more than they do already.

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

That looks like fun!

Chris H said...

What brand of paint was that? Looks like something my two (plus two extra right now) would enjoy!

Tereza said...

oh my...you have cool kids...and th alast pic...ADORABLE...she looks like some kind of wild, cave woman:):)