Sunday, February 24, 2013

Little Patience for Little People

Do you remember how you felt as a child when an adult would talk down to you?  I do like it was yesterday. I don't know why but lately I have been seeing a lot of it.  As I child I remember wondering why an adult could snap at me so quickly. Why couldn't they just answer me politely like they would to other adults?  Why is it okay to freak out on a kid?  Kids have feelings too and their spirit can also be broken. On top of it, kids are being molded and shaped.  Their experiences when they are young shape who they become.  Put it this way.  If your pastor walks up to you and asks a question, would you snap at him?  Probably not, you respect him. 

We are all have to learn patience with our kids.  Its hard at times, especially when they just spilled your 44oz Diet Dr Pepper you just got for yourself after a long day.  Allll over the carpet and clean laundry you just washed.  (Um...this just happened to me today).  Everything in me wanted to snap at them.  I removed myself from the situation for about one minute, told the kid it was okay, its just an accident, and cleaned it up.  I've learned to internalize the negative feelings rather than freak out about childish mistake. 

Children may test us but they will not think or process things like an adult.  They have an innocence that I love.  I figure God gifted me these beautiful souls.  In return, I'll not only raise them up in Godly standards, in Gods love and grace, but hopefully in the comfort of them knowing mommy thinks they are worth practicing patience with.

P.S. Here are some pictures of a recent tea party us girls went to! ♡

No comments: