Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Learning Through Play and Pairs

My son Ryan asked me today if I could teach him cursive.  I know a lot of schools are not going to be teaching it much longer.  I'm a lover of beautiful cursive writing so I was really happy to show him how.  By the end of the day he was writing in cursive really well!  Lately I've been pairing kids up together when they learn. Since Ivy has to learn to read I'm having her teach Ashley what she learned for that day.  That way not only is her little sister learning but its helping Ivy remember what she just learned.  Chaz is going to learn cursive with Ryan.  Heck, I have little Ashley doing flashcards with her baby sister.  Juliet squeals with delight and Ashley is getting her practice.  :)

The boys always forget what a noun, adjective, verb, adverb is so I finally figured out a fun way for them to practice.  I have a big book of Mad-Libs and they are laughing their heads off coming up with words.  It's so funny listening to them. Shhhh.... don't tell them they are learning. 

Pics: Ryan practicing cursive and Chaz coming up with words for game.  Our dog Bella falling asleep on Chaz's workbook.

No comments: