Thursday, October 27, 2011

How I knocked My Husband's Tooth Out

The picture is so true except the other way around.  I'm always falling off the edge of the bed.  Haha.  :D

Almost a week ago I did something really bad to my poor husband. It was in the middle of the night, he was laying on the covers where I couldn't get any.  I grabbed the blanket, gripped hard, and pulled the covers with all my might to try and get some.  My left hand slipped and whacked him right in the mouth.  I was hoping I didn't hit him that hard but he jumped up and grabbed his mouth.  Charles ran to the bathroom to get some tissue.  I figured that I gave him a bloody nose or something.  I kept saying, "Oh, I'm so sorry, so sorry!"  Guess what I did.  I not only split his lip with my wedding ring, I split his front tooth.  HIS FRONT TOOTH.  He had blood all over his mouth and was trying to hold part of his tooth in place.  Oh man, I felt sooooo bad.

Caleb's Billy Bob pacifier
The next couple of days he tried to be really careful eating but finally the the piece of tooth fell off so only half of the tooth is there. I feel so bad and he says he looks like he has Billy Bob teeth now.  Sigh.  I called around to several dentists and it'll be over $1,000 to fix it.  Really, really bad timing since the holidays are coming. We have to get it fixed though because Charles doesn't want to be visiting long lost family with Billy Bob teeth.  Soooo, we are thinking about different ways to save money in finding a dentist.  I told him that since we are paying with cash, bargain with them.  You can always negotiate when you are paying it all out of your own pocket.

Charles keeps joking and telling me maybe I was harboring bad feelings towards him and just needed to get it out, even if it was in my sleep.  Noooo, so not true!  Well, at first I joked with him and said, "That's what you get for getting me pregnant!"  Heh heh

(Picture shows Charles with 5 of the kids....before I knocked his tooth out)
Post a Comment