Monday, February 21, 2011

Favorite Game Day Recipes

Today the guys are coming to play a game around our table.  So usually I'm in the kitchen cookin' up some stuff throughout the day.  I love to do this for the guys as they work hard everyday and are looking forward to a relaxing day.  I love to hear about fun snacks so I thought I'd post a couple of my favorites!  None are my creation.  I just love them and I thought I'd share.  I will add pictures later when I actually make them today.

Chicken Wing Dip
(Like eating buffalo wings but it's a dip for chips)

1 (8 oz each) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup Franks Hot sauce-cayenne pepper sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or crumbled blue cheese)
2 (9.75 oz) cans chunk chicken breast in water, drained

Combine all ingredients into a small crock pot and cook on high.  Heat until dip is warm and all cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips


My friend Michele brought this over once and it's become one of our favorites and it's really easy to find on the internet.  There are different variations:

Chili Cream Cheese Dip

2 cans of Hormel Chili (chunky with beans)
1 (8 oz) pkg of cream cheese

Melt cream cheese in chili in a bowl in microwave.  Then stir together and serve with Ruffle Potato chips.  Super yummy!


AND the guys requested their favorite hamburgers and I pull this recipe I've used for 12 years from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook (given as a wedding gift)!  For some reason it's been different in each recipe book but I've stuck with this one as it's my favorite.

My Burgers

1 beaten egg
2 Tablespoons of milk or water
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (1 slice) or 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons chopped onion 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard or 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (I only used the fresh garlic.Makes big difference)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound of ground beef

I add a dash of ketchup (like Gordon Ramsey) in it and soy sauce.

I mix it all together and then after I form the patties, I sprinkle on both sides soy sauce and Hamburger Seasoning.  Then I cooked on Medium heat in a pan, each side, for 4 minutes.  Serve on Hamburger buns.  However, I have to double the recipe for my family of 8.
Post a Comment